Trying to find census record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Trying to find census record

Postby phishfood » 30 Dec 2005, 11:45

I am trying to find a census record but am having no luck. It is for Alessandro (Alexander) Inglese. He was born in 1893 in Italy but was married for the 2nd time to Elizabeth Favel in 1919. They resided in Amsterdam, NY. I am not having any luck. I wanted to find the census record so I can see when they both immigrated over here. Then I need to try to find that. If anyone can help please let me know. Thanks.

Kim
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Trying to find census record

Postby VaDeb » 30 Dec 2005, 12:14

Is this the person you are looking for? Sometimes it helps to start with the most recent record and work backwards.

Name: Alesandro Inglese
SSN: 069-07-2005
Last Residence: New York
Born: 1 Jan 1893
Died: Aug 1965
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951 )

Where were you looking for the census record? Is this the correct person?

Name: Alexander Inglese
Estimated birth year: abt 1893
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to head-of-house: Head
Spouse's Name: Elizabeth Inglese
Race: White
Home in 1930: Amsterdam, Montgomery, New York

I can't get ImageShack to upload the record. I will try tomorrow.

Says he immigrated in 1912 and was naturalized by 1930. Also has a step daughhter living in the house with the last name of Cardinale. Homeland Security (INS) should have a record on this person. Sometimes you have to have the right information so they can find the record.

Also I searched for Ale* INGLES* and got 5 hits for passenger immigration records.. I can't access these from home. If you go to a library or family history center you can see. One of them may be your ancestors immigration record.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby phishfood » 31 Dec 2005, 02:16

VaDeb,

Yes this is him. I am sooo glad. I was looking in New York for the record last night. If you could fins the record to download that would be wonderful. Thanks and let me know if you have any luck.

Does it say anything on his wife? She is the one I am having difficulty with. I have his info. from homeland security but not her. They can't find records on her. I thought if I found him she would be there too.

Kim
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kelleygen » 31 Dec 2005, 03:30

I can get you the 1930 census image. PM me and give me your email if this link doesn't work

http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx= ... d=41267667
Kelleygen

Postby VaDeb » 31 Dec 2005, 05:06

Kelly,
Thanks for posting the census image link. My internet was very fast last night.

Can anyone without a subscription to ancestry.com view the above link? I don't think you can, but if so, it is a much easier and quicker way to post a link.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby phishfood » 01 Jan 2006, 06:19

Kelly,

I PM'd you because I could not bring up the record. Let me know if you can send it a different way.

Kim
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy