tono 58

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tono58

tono 58

Postby tono58 » 30 Dec 2005, 20:25

Please, I need information about my family they are from montemurro, Potenza Italy they came to Argentina about 1885- 1889 but some people in our family went to EE.UU.
When they arived in Argentina changed the surname; the original surname was Angerami them in Argentina was Angeramo
thank you

raymo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: tono 58

Postby raymo » 30 Dec 2005, 22:46

Hola,

Si Ud no entiende lo siguiente, dejenos saber en un posting aqui, y traducire' lo de abajo al castellano...

I did a search on Google...the website for Montemurro is www.comune.montemurro.pz.it, but I didn't find it very helpful. Many of the pages come up blank, and I couldn't locate a physical address...

It does list a Piera Friguglietti as the head of Servizi Demografici, which is the town government department that would handle historical records & archives.

There was a phone number for the comune: 0971 753010

It was also interesting to see that there is a Maria Antonietta ANGERAMI on the town council, who is Assessore alla Cultura. Possibly a distant relative?

If anyone else out there can find more info on the comune's address & emails, that might be very helpful !

Good luck and let us know if we can help further.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”