Giovanni Salerno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Cynthi

Giovanni Salerno

Postby Cynthi » 07 Jan 2006, 10:15

I am trying to contact some relatives (if there are alive). My grandfather came from cosenza to argentina between 1880 and 1900. (Really i don´t have the exactly date) Here he was called as Juan, but we supossed his name was Giovanni. He got married with a woman called Maria concepcion Tedeschi (in argentina that surname was changed into Tedesco), who came form cosenza too. I have called to diferent places but nobody helped me. They said that I need the date. I don´t know where I have to go or what I have to do.
I am looking forward to hearing from someone that could help me.

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Giovanni Salerno

Postby VaDeb » 07 Jan 2006, 10:57

Do you mean he was from the town of Cosenza, which is located in the province of Cosenza or do you mean he was from a town, name of which is unknown, that is located in the province of Cosenza?

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 07 Jan 2006, 11:36

Cynthi wrote:I am trying to contact some relatives (if there are alive). My grandfather came from cosenza to argentina between 1880 and 1900. (Really i don´t have the exactly date) Here he was called as Juan, but we supossed his name was Giovanni. He got married with a woman called Maria concepcion Tedeschi (in argentina that surname was changed into Tedesco), who came form cosenza too. I have called to diferent places but nobody helped me. They said that I need the date. I don´t know where I have to go or what I have to do.
I am looking forward to hearing from someone that could help me.

Hi ...and in the marriage act, if married in Argentina, you can know the Giovanni age?
From 1880 to 1900 are 10 Giovanni Salerno emigrated in Argentina.... for the better search you need almost of probable birthyear.... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

whitehorse777

Postby whitehorse777 » 11 Jan 2006, 06:07

Just a thought... you might want to try jewishgen.org, for in a lot of cases, the name Tedesco has Jewish roots.
Keep in touch,
Charles

Cynthi

Postby Cynthi » 11 Jan 2006, 10:02

Thanks!!!!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”