Acquistucci: Capodacqua, Ascoli, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gammie

Acquistucci: Capodacqua, Ascoli, Italy

Postby gammie » 12 Jan 2006, 01:28

Hi, I have been for years looking for my grandfather, Samuel Leonardo Augustucci. I saw the Acquistucci in the surnames in a letter from 2003, but have been unable to get ahold of this person. I do not know for sure if the spelling my grandfather is correct, no one actually ever spelled it, so I tried to write it the way it was pronounced. Could these 2 names be pronounced the same?? I did not know Samuel was an Italian Name, is it? Thanks for any help. Gammie

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Acquistucci: Capodacqua, Ascoli, Italy

Postby ricbru » 12 Jan 2006, 01:58

gammie wrote:Hi, I have been for years looking for my grandfather, Samuel Leonardo Augustucci. I saw the Acquistucci in the surnames in a letter from 2003, but have been unable to get ahold of this person. I do not know for sure if the spelling my grandfather is correct, no one actually ever spelled it, so I tried to write it the way it was pronounced. Could these 2 names be pronounced the same?? I did not know Samuel was an Italian Name, is it? Thanks for any help. Gammie

There is no one with last name AUGUSTUCCI.
So, you should see his last name on his naturalization record (if any), death record, cemetery record, SSDI, and so on.
If you have right date of birth and think he is from Capodacqua, hamlet belonging to the municipality of Arquata del Tronto request his birth record to:

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Umberto I, 20
63043 Arquata Del Tronto (AP)
Italy

or to

Archivio di Stato
Via S. Serafino da Montegranaro,8/c
63100 Ascoli Piceno
Italy

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo :lol:

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Acquistucci: Capodacqua, Ascoli, Italy

Postby VaDeb » 12 Jan 2006, 03:47

HI Gammie:

I find when looking for an individual with a questionable name, it works best to start with the most recent document of that person and work backwards. As you find older records, you will trace how that name changed over time.

Samuel Leonardo Augustucci - start with a copy of his death record. Follow census records. Find naturalization and passenger records. They will lead you back to what you want.

If you need help looking for information please tell us when Samuel died, name of his wife and children and where the family lived in the USA.

I have often found Salvatore to be americanized to Samuel.

As Ricbru stated, you can try writing to the town for his records.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”