SAMUEL ???????

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gammie

SAMUEL ???????

Postby gammie » 13 Jan 2006, 09:13

Hi, I appreciate both of you trying to help me. This is what I have and what I know.
I have his marriage certificate, death certificate, registration for war. On the registration he states he is not naturalized, but Declared Intention. I have the 1920 census, listing him with my gramother and their two children.
The problem is, I only know for sure his American name. He went by Samuel Leonardo Gustus. He changed his name, but unknown when or where. All that I know about Agustucci(Unknown spelling) is what I have been told by my Aunt, now deceased. I do know he was from Aopadaqu, Ascoli, by his war registration. I have 3 states I have to work in for him. So my next step is to find where he filed his Declared Intention.
I went into Ellis Island, found a number of Acquistucci's listed, 1 from Capodacqua. But, he came in later than my grandfather. So this is where I am at?? Haven't clue where the heck that is!! grin
Gammie

nicedream
Rookie
Rookie

Re: SAMUEL ???????

Postby nicedream » 13 Jan 2006, 20:49

Not sure if this will help, but Salvatore was often changed to Samuel in America.

Also, my great-grandfather was named Saverio in Italy, changed to Samuel in America.

mfjp
Master
Master

Re: SAMUEL ???????

Postby mfjp » 18 Jan 2006, 12:11

Hi,

Have read all 3 posts you created... and it would be nice to find further info...

Could you provide his year of birth? Where settled... etc.

You mentioned that you have his 1920 census record... how did they list his full name?

Seems like Samuel is a popular name... just want to zero in on the correct person...

Please try to stick to one post... as it will be harder for us to follow...

Not sure if you saw the reply by Ricbru and VaDeb on one of the other posts...

Here is a link just in case you can't find it.... as you did not reply or follow up on the information they kindly provided you...

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=4007

mfjp

Return to “Italian Genealogy”