Barsotti or Gelotti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dankat

Barsotti or Gelotti

Postby dankat » 15 Jan 2006, 03:05

How would I go about finding birth and/or marriage records for someone born in Italy in 1889 in Borgo a Mozzano.
I have a copy of a Passport Certificate issued by the Italian Consulate, Glasgow UK in 1953 to my grand-father, Carlo Barsotti stating his birth in 1889 and his parents, surnames, Barsotti and Gelotti (sorry, can't read the handwritten fornames too well). I do hope to obtain death certificate details but these are likely to be no more than I have at the moment.
To date I can find no trace of these ancestors through on-line searching.
I have read in posts on these forums links to 'familysearch.org' and wonder how I could find a link to the area I am searching for before approaching a family history centre to perhaps view film?
Being very new to genealogy searching I hope you'll bear with me and any help would be appreciated
D

dankat

Re: Barsotti or Gelotti

Postby dankat » 15 Jan 2006, 05:15

:oops: I think I've just found out how to get the links.
But if anybody has come across these names or has suggestions I'd be glad of advice. Ta
D.

mfjp
Master
Master

Postby mfjp » 15 Jan 2006, 07:04

Here's some advice put together by Trish

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581

Hope it helps!

mfjp

dankat

Postby dankat » 15 Jan 2006, 14:13

Thank you mfjp.
Just the start I think I'm lookng for. I had not read that far back in the posts. (Is it a good omen that Trish's original post was exactly one year ago to the day? 8O - hmm, probably not!)
Anyway, thanks again and I'll come back when I've more information - or I'm stuck.
D

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 15 Jan 2006, 15:09

dankat wrote:How would I go about finding birth and/or marriage records for someone born in Italy in 1889 in Borgo a Mozzano.
I have a copy of a Passport Certificate issued by the Italian Consulate, Glasgow UK in 1953 to my grand-father, Carlo Barsotti stating his birth in 1889 and his parents, surnames, Barsotti and Gelotti (sorry, can't read the handwritten fornames too well). I do hope to obtain death certificate details but these are likely to be no more than I have at the moment.
To date I can find no trace of these ancestors through on-line searching.
I have read in posts on these forums links to 'familysearch.org' and wonder how I could find a link to the area I am searching for before approaching a family history centre to perhaps view film?
Being very new to genealogy searching I hope you'll bear with me and any help would be appreciated
D

however, also it is possible to write in Borgo a Mozzano city hall offices and ask all records that you need:

posta @ comune.borgoamozzano.lucca.it

or

Servizi Demografici
Via Umberto I°, 1
55023 Borgo a Mozzano (LU)
Italy

regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”