Giomi Family in Lucca...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ptimber
Master
Master

Giomi Family in Lucca...

Postby ptimber » 07 Jan 2003, 00:11

work backward and go to www.ellisisland.org for original entry of ancestor into the USA(provided he/she came thru NYC) and then go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Giomi in first line and Lunata in thrid line and click \"cerca\" and 5 Giomi persons currently residing in Lunata will appear bny name address and telephone number. Now you can go two ways simulataneously. If you have full name and date opf birth of ancestor you can request documents like Birth record and you can write to the 5 Giomi persons and ask them if they know your family (probably are relatives of yours). Write in Italian or very simple englis. Peter NYC

ptimber
Master
Master

Giomi Family in Lucca...

Postby ptimber » 08 Jan 2003, 00:14

to write for documents go to Ufficio di Stato Civile, Comune di Lunata, Postale 55010, Provincia Lucca, Toscana Italy and form letters can be obtained from www.ital;ianancestry.com, part 3 (under Calabrese). Peter

Ale1979

Re: Giomi Family in Lucca...

Postby Ale1979 » 29 Apr 2011, 18:28

Hi, my great grandma was a Giomi and she had relatives in San Francisco maybe i can help!

amelica

Re: Giomi Family in Lucca...

Postby amelica » 11 Jun 2011, 02:17

Hi, my great grandma was a Giomi and she came to the US from Lucca, Italy when she was 13 yrs old. I would love to know more about her relatives in Lucca. Her uncle's last name was Menuchi (not sure of the spelling) who moved to san francisco.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”