surname Minchella

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
howars01
Rookie
Rookie

surname Minchella

Postby howars01 » 22 Jan 2006, 16:34

Looking for information on Francisco Minchella who emigrated from Italy to England in the early 1920's (?). He lived at 11B Bench Street, Dover, Kent, before marrying Jane Coia on 6th March 1924 and settling in Canterbury, Kent.

They had 3 children, Philip (my father), Tony and Teresa. He died in a motorcylce accident in 1928 aged 35 years after his motorcylce collided with a bus.

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: surname Minchella

Postby ricbru » 22 Jan 2006, 16:45

Yor Francesco Minchella, as I can see, was born around 1893.
There are a lot on Minchella in the south part of Lazio region ( lot from Cassino)
You should request, there in UK, his marriage application and marriage certificate, naturalization record (if any), obituary record, death record and cemetery record.
On these records you mey find a lot of infos about him.
Let us know, bye Riccardo

howars01
Rookie
Rookie

Re: surname Minchella

Postby howars01 » 22 Jan 2006, 16:56

Riccardo - thank you for your quick reply!

Unfortunately, here in England we don't have such a thing as a marriage application, which I believe you have in Italy. On our English marriage certificates the places of birth of the couple are not given, just the places they are living at the time of the marriage. Also, on the death record no place of birth is given. I wish our certificates had as much information as Italian certificates have!

I have also searched for any naturalization papers without success.

It was a good suggestion about the obituary record - I will have a look in the newspaper archives in Canterbury where he died.

Thank you.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”