Sabatino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Teflon

Sabatino

Postby Teflon » 23 Jan 2006, 10:54

I have ample material on my family lineage, so I am going to post what I can work with. Any information is appreciated.

My name is Robert Sabatino. My father is a Richard August Sabatino whose brother is a Wayne Sabatino. My father married a June Wilson. My grandfather is August Sabatino. My father says he grew up in Pittsburgh.

That is as much information that I have. Sorry :oops:

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Sabatino

Postby nuccia » 23 Jan 2006, 11:03

I found this in the 1930 census on Ancestry.com.

Name: August Sabatino
Estimated birth year: abt 1904
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to head-of-house: Head
Spouse's Name: Mary Sabatino
Race: White
Home in 1930: Throop, Lackawanna, Pennsylvania

Name: Mary Sabatino
Estimated birth year: abt 1907
Relation to head-of-house: Wife
Father's Name: Frank Yancosky
Spouse's Name: August Sabatino

Name: Elizabeth Sabatino
Estimated birth year: abt 1925
Relation to head-of-house: Daughter
Father's Name: August Sabatino
Mother's Name: Mary Sabatino

Name: August Sabatino
Estimated birth year: abt 1927
Relation to head-of-house: Son
Father's Name: August Sabatino
Mother's Name: Mary Sabatino

If it helps you, then perhaps someone can link it.

Nuccia :)

Teflon

Postby Teflon » 23 Jan 2006, 11:09

Oh yeah my grandmother is Margaret Sabatino. She is Ukranian, and I don't know her maiden name :(

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby VaDeb » 23 Jan 2006, 19:30

Are you posting the information you have to make it available to others or do you have a specific research question you need answered?

Teflon

Postby Teflon » 23 Jan 2006, 20:18

mainly I need info past my grandfather. I never really knew much about my family past my grandfather, and know I would like to fill that gap for future family members. I see in your signature that you research in Calabria, which I am told my family comes from.

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby VaDeb » 24 Jan 2006, 01:27

Calabria is a big place. You need to identify the town your ancestor was from.

So you are looking for:
August Sabatino
date of birth?
date of death?
name of wife?
you state they lived in Pittsburgh.
Was he naturalized and do you have the record if so?
Do you have his passenger immigration record?

Do you have a death or marriage record for August?
What records have you researched? YOu state you have "ample information on your lineage". Don't want to waste time reinventing the wheel.

Is the 1930 census posted above your ancestor?

Please try and answer these questions and we will see where it leads us.

Teflon

Postby Teflon » 24 Jan 2006, 04:15

Look, I just started looking for my information about my family. I don't know all the proper steps and opportunities I can take. I will look into those things, and thanks for your help (which is what I asked, I would like any information that can help, either you guys providing info or showing me ways I can obtain info).

Thanks

brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby brujaojos » 24 Jan 2006, 04:39

Teflon wrote:Oh yeah my grandmother is Margaret Sabatino. She is Ukranian, and I don't know her maiden name :(

Hi There,

As VaDeb stated, if you can give more information, then we can help you better.

Then as Nuccia gave you info for the 1930 census which could be your August Sabatino for the wife, Mary was born in PA, however, her father is living with them. His name is Frank Yancosky

Name: Mary Sabatino
Estimated birth year: abt 1907
Relation to head-of-house: Wife
Father's Name: Frank Yancosky
Spouse's Name: August Sabatino
Image source: Year: 1930; Census Place: Throop, Lackawanna, Pennsylvania; Roll: 2055; Page: 35A; Enumeration District: 201; Image: 744.0.

Per this census, August Sabatino and Mary Yancosky were married about 1924. August Sabatino came to the USA about 1905 and was already naturalized by 1930.

Also, for Frank Yancosky, he came into the USA about 1896 and he was already Naturalized by 1930. He was a widow. He was married about 1899 and born about 1874.

This could be your August with a Luigi (age 45 in 1920 census). Per this census, August came in 1904 and was already naturalized by 1916.

Name: August Supatani
Estimated birth year: abt 1904
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1920: Plains, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
Marital status: Single
Relation to Head of House: Boarder
Year of immigration: 1904
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 906
Image Source: Year: 1920; Census Place: Plains, Luzerne, Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1595; Page: 20B; Enumeration District: 172; Image: 906.

Do you have anyone's marriage application? Do you have anyone's death certificate? Do you have anyone's naturalization papers? All these documents will give you clues.

I hope this helps
Trish
ps-there are two Frank Yancosky in Lackawanna county in the WWI Draft Cards as well as the 1920 census.
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby VaDeb » 24 Jan 2006, 05:10

Teflon wrote:Look, I just started looking for my information about my family. I don't know all the proper steps and opportunities I can take. I will look into those things, and thanks for your help (which is what I asked, I would like any information that can help, either you guys providing info or showing me ways I can obtain info).

Thanks

I did not try to offend you. YOur initial post was very ambigious. I did not know if you were posting information to share with others or looking for help.

The questions I asked was so we would know what research you had done and help point you toward the next step. It doesn't help to just blindly post any information on your surname. YOu want information on YOUR family, not someone elses.

Trish has posted information for you to review. She is also asking if you have obtained some documents. Review and respond to her information and I am sure someone will help point you in the right direction.

Good luck with your research.

deangirl

Postby deangirl » 03 Feb 2006, 20:31

ciao a tutti, vedo che discutete sul nome Sabatino....bè io mi chiamo M. Sabatino e sono italiana! mio padre è di Napoli. :lol:

Return to “Italian Genealogy”