Hello Everyone; Maybe you can help me (Basilicata)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gjdagis

Hello Everyone; Maybe you can help me (Basilicata)

Postby gjdagis » 23 Jan 2006, 11:45

I am searching for relatives on my mother's side. Her father was Vito Faccilongo (spelled Faccilonga sometimes) who was born about 1882. He left Italy from Naples on the boat Hesperia in 1903 to come to the United States. It is believed that he may have come back to visit his family in Italy once after that. He mentioned being from Potenza in Basilicata although US census records list a place called Ferrandina as his last place of residence for some reason. He may have had a brother and a sister. His first wife was Anna but it is not known where he married her. He died in 1951 and left behind 10 children. Any help or leads or information on who to contact for more information in a case like this would be VERY appreciated. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
George

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Hello Everyone; Maybe you can help me (Basilicata)

Postby suanj » 23 Jan 2006, 17:33

gjdagis wrote:I am searching for relatives on my mother's side. Her father was Vito Faccilongo (spelled Faccilonga sometimes) who was born about 1882. He left Italy from Naples on the boat Hesperia in 1903 to come to the United States. It is believed that he may have come back to visit his family in Italy once after that. He mentioned being from Potenza in Basilicata although US census records list a place called Ferrandina as his last place of residence for some reason. He may have had a brother and a sister. His first wife was Anna but it is not known where he married her. He died in 1951 and left behind 10 children. Any help or leads or information on who to contact for more information in a case like this would be VERY appreciated. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
George

Hi George, the travel of 1903 was in Nov 18 on Hesperia ship, but

also are an ship's manifest of an Vito Faccilungo age 26, travelling in Oct 26, 1908 (so born in 1882) coming from Ferrandina, already in USA before, joining Nardo LaPadula brother in law.. BUT, the contact in Italy was the wife Teresa Montefinese; in Mar 30, 1909 Teresa Montefinese, with Anna and Domenico Faccilongo came in USA joining Vito husband...
For the civil records you can see the LDS microfilms of Mormons about Ferrandina from 1809 to 1929:

Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1929 Ferrandina (Matera). Ufficio dello stato civile

regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”