Costa Family from Capaci, Palermo, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
TinaSini

Costa Family from Capaci, Palermo, Sicily

Postby TinaSini » 25 Jan 2006, 23:07

I would like to make a connection with the Costa Family from Capaci. Bartolemeo Costa was born about 1876 to Rocco Costa, he came to America in 1903 and them made 3 more trips between Italy and America each time bring another family member back with him. On his last return trip he brought his wife Serafina (Drago) born abt 1884 (she is the daughter of Erasmo Drago) and his children Catrina and Maria.

I am hoping to make a family connection,
Tina :)
Christina Sini
Family Historian and Genealogist.

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Costa Family from Capaci, Palermo, Sicily

Postby ricbru » 26 Jan 2006, 00:55

TinaSini wrote:I would like to make a connection with the Costa Family from Capaci. Bartolemeo Costa was born about 1876 to Rocco Costa, he came to America in 1903 and them made 3 more trips between Italy and America each time bring another family member back with him. On his last return trip he brought his wife Serafina (Drago) born abt 1884 (she is the daughter of Erasmo Drago) and his children Catrina and Maria.

I am hoping to make a family connection,
Tina :)

Tina, these are the Costa in Capaci

Bartolomeo Costa 1903 passenger list

Bartolomeo Costa 1909 passenger list

Bartolomeo Costa 1912 passenger record

Serafina Drago 1912 passenger record

bye Riccardo :lol:

mcccosta

Re: Costa Family from Capaci, Palermo, Sicily

Postby mcccosta » 28 Jan 2006, 02:26

not sure if i can help but my mother lucia costa was born in palermo sicily in 1925(she died in 2003)..her mom lived with us for years in america before going back to the old country and dying in 1983. she was vincenza costa 1895-1983 not sure if she was born in palermo...think they are from a farm village near palermo. she was origionally a jarvisi(garvisi?) i believe..she had 6 chilfren(3 diff dads?) my mother lucia costa, her brothers michael,john and george had the same father as her i believe(costa)(michael and john died in the 40s of t.b. i believe)...my mother had 2 sisters (i believe they are both alive still) enza napoli and francesca delorenzo(a)......so my gram vincenza costa was origionally a jarvisi i believ. and had kids with 3 men...costa(?),napoli(?) and delorenzo or delorenza(?)...i dont know first names!..i know that my mothers grandfather was a gambler and gambled the date and olive orchard that he owned away! not sure which grandfather it was.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”