Frediani Family, Valdottavo, Lucca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
simon_liverpool

Post by simon_liverpool »

Ciao, I am looking for any details on ancestors - the frediani family - from Valdottavo, Lucca. Names we already have include Davino, Guiseppe, Stefano Ricardo, Carmilinda and Evisina. Looking to make a visit to the area in March/April. Grateful for any information on the family. Grazie
<BR>
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

reviuew the www.paginebianche.it directory for names in the town. Insert names in first line and town in thrid line and click cerca. The listing of names,addresses and telephone numbers will show up if they reside in the town. You can take it from there. Peter
glyngian

Re: Frediani Family, Valdottavo, Lucca

Post by glyngian »

Hi Simon,
Seems like 10 years since you posted. Anyway I think the Frediani's and Gianelli's go back a long way together. They came from very near areas of Italy and must have arrived in Liverpool both, around 1870. They set up fish and chip shops just around the corner from each other off Christian Street. It looks like intermarriage took place more than once and my grandmother was I think Madeline Frediani. My father Joseph stayed at Valdottavo during the war as he travelled up Italy with the 8th Army. So I assume he was staying with his mother's relatives?
Let me know if you have had any luck with your research and perhaps we can pool our resources?
All the Best
Glynne Gianelli
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Frediani Family, Valdottavo, Lucca

Post by pink67 »

Hi,

Valdottavo is an hamelt/fraction of Borgo a Mozzano, you can find civil registrations free on these sites:

https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043811

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... +italiano/

Laura