Le Streghe di Campobasso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
RevLouM

Le Streghe di Campobasso

Postby RevLouM » 10 Feb 2006, 00:45

Removed to the earlier post, that I had long forgotten about...

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=1080

JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Re: Le Streghe di Campobasso

Postby JohnArmellino » 10 Feb 2006, 06:18

RevLouM - My family is also from Campobasso. Where exactly did your family originate - Campobasso itself or one of the other comuni in the province? What surnames are you researching?
John Armellino

RevLouM

Postby RevLouM » 14 Feb 2006, 23:47

JohnArmellino wrote:RevLouM - My family is also from Campobasso. Where exactly did your family originate - Campobasso itself or one of the other comuni in the province? What surnames are you researching?

Castropignano!

JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Postby JohnArmellino » 15 Feb 2006, 01:53

RevLouM - I have the following surnames in my database for individuals who were born and/or died in Castrpignano. Each of these individuals had some sort of connection with the comune of Campobasso, e.g., either they or their descendents lived there or married campobassani:

Battista, Borsella, Ciolfi, Colitti, di Felice, di Vincenzo, Evangelista, Iocca, Lombardi, Luciani, Macoretta, Maddalena, Marrone, Molinaro, Ortenzio, Paolone, Piccinocchi, Pizzacalla, Santarella, Sceppacerqua, and Sergnese.

The above surnames are listed at www.italyworldclub.com as being presently recorded in Castropignano. However, I have a few other multiple entries from Castropignano for the following surnames:

di Chiocchio, Scardocchia, Silvestro, and Zantonelli.

One of these surnames appears in my family tree: 6GGM Agnese Marrone (c. 1710, birthplace unknown), wife of 6GGF Antonio Antenucci.
John Armellino

Return to “Italian Genealogy”