Cooperative Research Group idea

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AvellinoResearch

Cooperative Research Group idea

Postby AvellinoResearch » 23 Feb 2006, 11:23

Hello All,

If there is enough interest, I'm thinking of organizing a cooperative group made up of people who are interested in researching their family's histories in the comunes including and near to the city of Avellino.

I have a number of resources (civil vital records microfilm on long-term loan, books, maps) at my disposal, and have been very successful at researching my own family history in Avellino over the last six years. I would like to help others and receive help in return as we pursue additional
understanding of our families' origins in that part of the world.

I have a lot of names, dates and places (and always want more of those!) but would also like work with others to get to know more of the social and cultural history. I anticipate making a trip to Avellino myself in the future,
for more research and just to tread the good earth where my ancestors lived and loved in sorrow and much joy.

There were a very large number of emigrants from the Avellino area to North America beginning in the 1880s up to and after WWII, so there must be lots of us out there who want to know more about our family origins!

I'm hoping to hear from people who are fairly serious about their family history research and who want to kick around ideas about how to work together to make even more progress. I've spent plenty of time on the internet helping people who are just getting started in research (people often without a clue, and often not very committed) and I plan to continue doing some of that. For this group idea however, I'd prefer people with some experience ... or if without much experience, an ability to demonstrate commitment to cooperation.

Anyone who feels they might be interested or would like to discuss further, please contact me off-forum at the e-mail address below

avellino.research _at_ yahoo.com

Thank you for your time in reading this. J.D.

AvellinoResearch

Re: Cooperative Research Group idea

Postby AvellinoResearch » 25 Feb 2006, 00:07

Just to clarify -

I am not a professional genealogist, nor do I do genealogy or family history for money. This a non-commercial proposal to try to achieve some cooperative synergy or multiplier effect in Avellino-area research

Thanks, J.D.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”