Need Help...Iattoni Surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mtandst

Need Help...Iattoni Surname

Postby mtandst » 23 Feb 2006, 13:42

I am trying to locate any information about my Grandfather's parents and brothers and sisters.

What is known.

My Grandfather: Leopoldo Iattoni - (birth 10-31-1881/death 7-6-1950)
Came to America in Jan. 1907. He was married to Domenica Galli (1879-1972)

Leopoldo was born in Pavullo (sp?) Montese (sp?)and lived in Lizzano (sp?), Modena.

I am looking for any info on:

His Father His Mother
Luigi Iattoni - birth?/death? Maria Ferarri birth?/death?
(date they married ?)

Leopoldo had 4 brothers and 2 sisters.

His older brother Attilio Iattoni (born 1876/death 1963) came to America in 1906. Attilio married Maria Bedoni (born 1877/death 1925).

2 Brothers and 2 Sisters...who remained in Italy
Names unknown Names unknown ? Possibly one is Dellalina (sp?)

If anyone out there knows any info on the above...or perhaps can direct me...to someplace where I can begin to search for more info in order to put the pieces together...I would appreciate hearing from you.

Leopoldo Iattoni also was in the Italian military approximately 1902 to 1906.

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Need Help...Iattoni Surname

Postby ricbru » 23 Feb 2006, 17:08

mtandst wrote:I am trying to locate any information about my Grandfather's parents and brothers and sisters.

What is known.

My Grandfather: Leopoldo Iattoni - (birth 10-31-1881/death 7-6-1950)
Came to America in Jan. 1907. He was married to Domenica Galli (1879-1972)

Leopoldo was born in Pavullo (sp?) Montese (sp?)and lived in Lizzano (sp?), Modena.

His Father His Mother
Luigi Iattoni - birth?/death? Maria Ferarri birth?/death?
(date they married ?)

Leopoldo had 4 brothers and 2 sisters.

His older brother Attilio Iattoni (born 1876/death 1963) came to America in 1906. Attilio married Maria Bedoni (born 1877/death 1925).

2 Brothers and 2 Sisters...who remained in Italy
Names unknown Names unknown ? Possibly one is Dellalina (sp?)

If anyone out there knows any info on the above...or perhaps can direct me...to someplace where I can begin to search for more info in order to put the pieces together...I would appreciate hearing from you.

Leopoldo Iattoni also was in the Italian military approximately 1902 to 1906.

Hello,
Leopoldo Iattoni declares on the manifest ship list to be born and to have his last residence in Lizzano (Bologna)

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 500195025&

If you believe the he was born to Pavullo or Lizzano, for birth records write to:

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Montecuccoli, 1
41026 Pavullo Nel Frignano (MO)
Italy

comune.pavullo@comune.pavullo-nel-frignano.mo.it

or rent Pavullo nel Frignano civil record microfilm to FHL (mormon church)

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... Pavullo+++

or contact the

Archivio di Stato di Modena

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... 2MODENA%22

about Lizzano nowadays is an hamlet belonging to the municipality of Cesena

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Del Popolo, 10
47023 Cesena (FC)
Italy

or contact

Archivio di Stato di Cesena

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... 2CESENA%22

Archivio di Stato di Forli

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... 2FORLI'%22

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo

mtandst

Postby mtandst » 25 Feb 2006, 06:43

Thanks for the reply.

I'm having trouble with the Pavullo (morman church) link you listed. When I go to the site...it says to put in a number into the box...of the microfilm you want to view...but when I do that...I don't seem to pull anything up. Would you know what I am doing wrong? or what is supposed to come up, etc?

Also, you listed a couple of links for me to check on for births etc...which appear to be some archive type of links. When I went to those sites...everything is in Italian. I thought perhaps it would be. I DO NOT speak or read Italian. Do you know if there are people that work at these places...that are able to translate my requests? I hate to spend a lot of time on something...if my requests will be ignored, etc.

The last thing that you mentioned was Lizzanno (Bologna) is now a hamlet (?) belonging to the municipal of Cesena. Could you please explain what that means...as I have no idea what you are talking about.

Thanks..

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 25 Feb 2006, 15:31

The microfilm about Pavullo you need to rent and look for your folks birth records are the following

Nati 1873-1878 FHL INTL Film

Nati 1878-1882 FHL INTL Film

You go to mormon church nearest to you and rent them, in 3 or 4 weeks they arrive, and you can see the copy of the original birth act of your folk, you can read names, ages and jobs of parents, even the place were they were born (the address of the house thei parents used to live)

Lizzano is a little town belonging to Bologna, it is not a municipality, it belongs to Bologna municipality,
I hope it helps,
bye Riccardo

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Postby nuccia » 25 Feb 2006, 19:55

Hi mtandst,

To order the microfilms that Riccardo suggests, you can follow Trish's post on "steps to obtaining microfilm from a family history centre". I personaly, and several others here have found this information by Trish to be invaluable!

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581

When researching, most answers don't come over night. You will most likely be spending a fair amount of time researching depending on how much or how bad you want to know something.

People here can guide you through much of it but some things you are just going to have to do on your own. If you need documents, you're going to have to take the chance to write away for them and hopefully, you'll get lucky! :D

Don't get discouraged already!!! Give it a try! :D :D

Nuccia

brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby brujaojos » 26 Feb 2006, 03:07

mtandst wrote:I'm having trouble with the Pavullo (morman church) link you listed. When I go to the site...it says to put in a number into the box...of the microfilm you want to view...but when I do that...I don't seem to pull anything up. Would you know what I am doing wrong? or what is supposed to come up, etc?

Also, you listed a couple of links for me to check on for births etc...which appear to be some archive type of links. When I went to those sites...everything is in Italian. I thought perhaps it would be. I DO NOT speak or read Italian. Do you know if there are people that work at these places...that are able to translate my requests? I hate to spend a lot of time on something...if my requests will be ignored, etc.

Thanks..

Hi There,

Here is a better link that might help you with what films the Family History Center has for the town of your ancestors.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

Here is a link to find the nearest Family History Center.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Now the microfilm fee is now $5.75 a roll. You can view it for about 30 days and then you can renew it for $5.50 for an additional 60 days of viewing time.

The film is in Italian, but you can get by. Plus, someone at the Center is always willing to help.

A good book to get is "A Genealogist's Guide to Discovering Your Italian Ancestors", by Lynn Nelson

Here is a link for AltaVista which is a translator. You can put the website in and click Italian to English and it will translate most of the web site.
http://world.altavista.com/

If you have questions, just ask. Everyone is here is happy to help,

Have a great day!
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum

mtandst

Postby mtandst » 26 Feb 2006, 12:41

Master brujaojas, Elite ricbru, and Veteran nuccia,

Thanks for your replys. I hope I wasn't sounding like I had already given up...because I have invested too much time already...to give up now. Besides...It is fun and interesting to work on. In fact, it was my investicating that led me to this website. I must say...that this is one of the best places I have discovered along with the ellis island website. Everyone seems to be quite fast with replys and very willing to help the newbies (like me), I sure appreciate that !!!

Thanks for the more specific directions and added links...that you have all given me. With all of this...it is now becoming a bit clearer. As a Newbie...I am sure I will have many more questions along the way. :roll:

Master Trish...I have already put your translation link to use...and I have also located a family history center in my city. :)

Thanks again to all of you that have helped...by responding to my post.

I will be talking with you again...

mtandst

brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby brujaojos » 26 Feb 2006, 21:15

mtandst wrote:Trish...I have already put your translation link to use...and I have also located a family history center in my city. :)

Thanks again to all of you that have helped...by responding to my post.
I will be talking with you again...
mtandst

Hi Mtandst,

Listen, keep us posted as to how you make out with the research and the microfilm. If you have questions, just come back and ask us. We are all willing to help.

If you have questions about the Family History Center, just ask me, and I'll do my best in responding to your questions. I've been volunteering at the FHC for over 5 years now and know the ins and outs of how the place works.

Remember, get that book by Lynn Nelson. It's a good book and very easy to understand. It's a big help with researching Italian documents.

Trish

Trish

Professional & Certified Genealogist

Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services

Genealogy-Forum

Iattoni

Postby Iattoni » 25 May 2010, 00:12

I know this is a few years after you posted this but you might want to try

http://www.thecleggfamily.com/genealogy ... b/e/d.html

that link. Read the correspondence letters, especially the one from June 20, 1995. It may be of help to you if you are still searching.

The Attilio Iattoni you named I believe would have been something like my great-great-great grandpa.

ps. if this gets posted under a wrong section, I'm sorry, I don't read Italian very well!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”