name change? Cianci to Gangi, married Bordinaro, Sicily-CT

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

name change? Cianci to Gangi, married Bordinaro, Sicily-CT

Postby frog » 23 Feb 2006, 21:13

I am trying to help my sister and brother-in-law trace his paternal line as he wants to get Italian citizenship.
His father was born Sebastian GANGI in 1913 in CT. to Joseph GANGI and Concetta BORDINARO.
He knows very little else, except Joseph and Concetta were from Sicily.
Also, Concetta, at least, is buried in Rose Hill Cem. in Rocky Hill, Hartford, CT.
To make matters more confusing, there is a rumor that GANGI had been CIANCI. I have heard of this happening by mistake at the port of entry. I did pay a bit more attencion when I saw that there was a town of GANGI.
Can anyone give me any ideas where to start with this? I know virtually nothing about Sicily or Italian genealogy.

Re: name change? Cianci to Gangi, married Bordinaro, Sicily-

Postby nuccia » 24 Feb 2006, 07:42

Here's a link to the manifests of all the Giuseppe Gangi's that came through Ellis Island. ... &dwpdone=1

Here's a link for all the Giuseppe Cianci's coming through Ellis Island. ... &dwpdone=1

Have a look through them for clues. It should keep you a little busy!

Nuccia :D

Return to “Italian Genealogy”