Chiacchio from Naples

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Franco56789

Chiacchio from Naples

Postby Franco56789 » 18 Mar 2006, 05:34

Guiseppe Chiacchio was born 1906 in Naples to Domenico Chiacchio and
Maria Grazia ?Belardo?. Domenico Chiacchio was born in Naples, moved to NJ where he met Maria whose family was originally supposed to be from Naples and was born in NJ. They married, returned to Naples and had several kids (including Guiseppe Chiacchio) and remained in Naples.

Guiseppe Chiacchio met Giuseppina Landolfi in Naples, were married there and had 4 children (the first boy died very young) and then moved to Philladelphia in 1960s

If any one has any information please let me know.
Thanks

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Chiacchio from Naples

Postby nuccia » 18 Mar 2006, 07:21

Hi Franco56789,

You have several posts...are you looking for information from the US or Italy? Because much of the people you are looking for came to America after 1930, many records aren't available online for privacy reasons. The best way to look for family is starting with yourself and working backwards which it looks like you've done. If you have all the names of persons in the US then I suggest writing to the towns directly for more info or to order micrfilms (if available) from the towns you're looking for.

Here's a link to a post on how you can do this written by Trish, our resident genealogist.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581

Hope this helps.
Nuccia :D

Franco56789

Re: Chiacchio from Naples

Postby Franco56789 » 18 Mar 2006, 08:02

nuccia wrote:Hi Franco56789,

You have several posts...are you looking for information from the US or Italy? Because much of the people you are looking for came to America after 1930, many records aren't available online for privacy reasons. The best way to look for family is starting with yourself and working backwards which it looks like you've done. If you have all the names of persons in the US then I suggest writing to the towns directly for more info or to order micrfilms (if available) from the towns you're looking for.

Here's a link to a post on how you can do this written by Trish, our resident genealogist.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581

Hope this helps.
Nuccia :D

Thank you so much Nuccia. I was wondering why it was difficult to find even immigration papers for my family members but i guess it is because they all came after 1960.
I will take your advice and post any result I find.
Franco

Return to “Italian Genealogy”