surnames Catanzano, Montebello & Liguori from Gaeta &

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
foosh

surnames Catanzano, Montebello & Liguori from Gaeta &

Postby foosh » 21 Mar 2006, 18:50

Need info on my ancestors. Montebello is the surname taken by my grandfather who was an adoptee as a young boy. His father was a Fabrizi or Fabrizio. Mother unknown. Parents were not married.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: surnames Catanzano, Montebello & Liguori from Gaeta

Postby suanj » 21 Mar 2006, 19:41

foosh wrote:Need info on my ancestors. Montebello is the surname taken by my grandfather who was an adoptee as a young boy. His father was a Fabrizi or Fabrizio. Mother unknown. Parents were not married.

Foosh and the first name? the birthyear? when it emigrated?
It is only a Montebello from Gaeta..
Aristide Montebello arrival Sep 10, 1898 age 36 coming from ELENA(Gaeta's name from a period) joning brother Giuseppe Scales.?e(illegible) as you see the brother surname is different.. it could be your ancestor? regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

foosh

Postby foosh » 21 Mar 2006, 20:36

Yes, that is my grandfather. He joined his brother who had also been adopted. I have the ship's manifest showing his name. He came over with his wife and 3 year old daughter. His father was a Baron in Gaeta (whatever that means). I would like to know more about him. Also, is there a way to discover who his birth mother was and who his adoptive parents were? Apparently Montebello was not their name. Any info regarding his brothers would also be helpful. I know that when he came over he settled in Florida where is brother was.

Thank you,
Foosh

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 21 Mar 2006, 20:48

foosh wrote:Yes, that is my grandfather. He joined his brother who had also been adopted. I have the ship's manifest showing his name. He came over with his wife and 3 year old daughter. His father was a Baron in Gaeta (whatever that means). I would like to know more about him. Also, is there a way to discover who his birth mother was and who his adoptive parents were? Apparently Montebello was not their name. Any info regarding his brothers would also be helpful. I know that when he came over he settled in Florida where is brother was.

Thank you,
Foosh

I suggest you to contact Gaeta civil record office

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza XIX Maggio, n° 10 -
04024 Gaeta (LT)
Italy

Write a request, in italian, to get the copy of his birth act.
Attach to your request a copy of your ID, an envelope and a international reply coupon, to let them answer you back,

or you can rent Gaeta civil record microfilm to FHL (mormon church)

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... o+civile++

or write to

Archivio di Stato di Caserta

http://archivi.beniculturali.it/ASCE/home.htm

bye Riccardo :D

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 21 Mar 2006, 20:49

foosh wrote:Yes, that is my grandfather. He joined his brother who had also been adopted. I have the ship's manifest showing his name. He came over with his wife and 3 year old daughter. His father was a Baron in Gaeta (whatever that means). I would like to know more about him. Also, is there a way to discover who his birth mother was and who his adoptive parents were? Apparently Montebello was not their name. Any info regarding his brothers would also be helpful. I know that when he came over he settled in Florida where is brother was.

Thank you,
Foosh

Hi Foosh, it is no possible to find many infos, but some info yes...
you can see the Gaeta civil record microfilm
about births of legitimate children:
Nati (22 luglio) 1860-1865 FHL INTL Film
1169169 Item 1

and foundlings:
Diversi 1860-1865 FHL INTL Film
1037930 Items 1-4

from original birthact you can know more... Aristide was of 36 old in 1898, already in USA from 1890 until 1897, so born abt 1862.. when you find again we can help you... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”