italian e-mails

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pasqualeiachetta

italian e-mails

Postby pasqualeiachetta » 22 Mar 2006, 19:26

thank you but is there any way to see if any of these have an e-mail adress registered with libero.it or one of the e-mails like that??

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: italian e-mails

Postby ricbru » 22 Mar 2006, 19:30

I suggest you to write some letters,in italian, directly to their ordinary address, attach to your letter an envelope and an international reply coupon, so they maybe will answer you back, I know it is expensive, but since we don't know if they have an e-mail address....
good luck,
bye Riccardo

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 22 Mar 2006, 19:32

Post reply on thread already started, otherwise we are lost as to what your inquiry was....... :?
wldspirit

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 22 Mar 2006, 19:34

Pasquale,
wildspirit is right....
continue to post on the thread already started, otherwise we make confusion to all listers that can help you

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... 6415#26415

bye Riccardo

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 22 Mar 2006, 19:46

I had at one time bookmarked a site with help for locating email addresses, but now cannot find it....... :roll:
I need to clean up my bookmarks and if I locate that particular one I will post the info..........
until then good luck in your search.
wldspirit

elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby elba » 22 Mar 2006, 19:52

pasqualeiachetta wrote:thank you but is there any way to see if any of these have an e-mail adress registered with libero.it or one of the e-mails like that??

I seem to remember that for companies such as Libero, Yahoo, Tiscali etc. it is against the law to reveal information such as this.

I would certainly be more than angry if my 'E-Mail provider' revealed my electronic address or provided a list of others addresses. That is why E-Mail is so personal, people cannot contact you unless YOU choose to 'post' your address. At that point it becomes 'public domain' but even then a provider must not provide it to anyone!

Just imagine if there was a directory of these addresses.... no one, but no one would have a minutes peace or any freedom from the 'nuts' roaming around in cyberspace!
Elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 22 Mar 2006, 19:57

you are very right elba......perhaps the lister could post a message to a forum that is for the town/surname of interest??
wldspirit

elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby elba » 22 Mar 2006, 22:08

Yes indeed wildspirt - He could do that. Richbru also gave him the links for the Italian White Pages (paginebianche.it) for the towns he was interested in.

But should all else fail ... resorting to 'snail mail', or even investing in a carrier pigeon might not go amiss!!!!
:)
elba

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 23 Mar 2006, 03:41

Forums are very useful, even if they do take awhile. I posted at a forum for the area of Pesaro-Urbino and had not only a cousin contact me, but also a family who were good friends of my Nonni and Nonno.........so there is always hope..........
wldspirit

elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby elba » 23 Mar 2006, 11:56

wldspirit wrote:Forums are very useful, even if they do take awhile. I posted at a forum for the area of Pesaro-Urbino and had not only a cousin contact me, but also a family who were good friends of my Nonni and Nonno.........so there is always hope..........
wldspirit

Wow wildspirit, that is impressive and it does demonstrate the power of 'forums' doesn't it.
I had a similar experience with an English geneaology site... searching for 'long lost' family in Australia. An hotel keeper in England contacted me with details of an Australian guest who had stayed at his hotel while searching for our part of the family.

So it's always worth a try isn't it?
Elba

elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby elba » 23 Mar 2006, 11:56

wldspirit wrote:Forums are very useful, even if they do take awhile. I posted at a forum for the area of Pesaro-Urbino and had not only a cousin contact me, but also a family who were good friends of my Nonni and Nonno.........so there is always hope..........
wldspirit

Wow wildspirit, that is impressive and it does demonstrate the power of 'forums' doesn't it.
I had a similar experience with an English geneaology site... searching for 'long lost' family in Australia. An hotel keeper in England contacted me with details of an Australian guest who had stayed at his hotel while searching for our part of the family.

So it's always worth a try isn't it?
Elba

Return to “Italian Genealogy”