De Luca from longobucco

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
deluca

De Luca from longobucco

Postby deluca » 31 Mar 2006, 21:14

Hello, I am looking for Information related to my great great grandparents.
Their home village in Italy was longobucco in southern Italy.
His name was Antonio De Luca probably born around 1877 (my dad thinks her name was Teresa. but that’s just a guess).
They moved with their 3 kids to the United States probably around 1900.
2 girls and one boy. The boy’s name was Vincenzo De Luca and he was probably born around 1895. We believe that the kids were born in Italy.
They moved to New York City.
Some sources said to Brooklyn, in an area where a lot of Italians from longobucco or southern Italy lived..Some say that even the street had the nickname Longobucco Street.
Both parents died before 1917 (they say they got shot on the streets). The boy was put in an orphanage or boarding school thing..We don’t have exact information about that.
The boy came back to Italy before 1917.. (We know that because his son was born 1917 in Italy).
Also one of the sisters moved back to Italy, the other one stayed in the states, but we don’t know where and with whom, but probably in New York. I’d like to know what happened to her and what happened in general during the time they were together in the states, like where they lived and what jobs they had and if still there are still relatives in the states.
I would appreciate any kind of information ..thx

Oh and I don’t know if that’s helpful but my family’s nickname is prima’more (or prima amore..)

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: De Luca from longobucco

Postby suanj » 31 Mar 2006, 22:24

deluca wrote:Hello, I am looking for Information related to my great great grandparents.
Their home village in Italy was longobucco in southern Italy.
His name was Antonio De Luca probably born around 1877 (my dad thinks her name was Teresa. but that’s just a guess).
They moved with their 3 kids to the United States probably around 1900.
2 girls and one boy. The boy’s name was Vincenzo De Luca and he was probably born around 1895. We believe that the kids were born in Italy.
They moved to New York City.
Some sources said to Brooklyn, in an area where a lot of Italians from longobucco or southern Italy lived..Some say that even the street had the nickname Longobucco Street.
Both parents died before 1917 (they say they got shot on the streets). The boy was put in an orphanage or boarding school thing..We don’t have exact information about that.
The boy came back to Italy before 1917.. (We know that because his son was born 1917 in Italy).Also one of the sisters moved back to Italy, the other one stayed in the states, but we don’t know where and with whom, but probably in New York. I’d like to know what happened to her and what happened in general during the time they were together in the states, like where they lived and what jobs they had and if still there are still relatives in the states.
I would appreciate any kind of information ..thx

Oh and I don’t know if that’s helpful but my family’s nickname is prima’more (or prima amore..)

Hi is a strange story, and I don't understand very well. Vincenzo born in 1895 or 1917...? No many De Luca emigrated and also coming from Longobucco(Cosenza province), it is only a Vincenzo child 1 old but really cannot be your ancestor... you have some other detail? regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 31 Mar 2006, 22:28

However here are all De Luca in Longobucco, and someone sure is related... you can write and ask info about realtionship, and I can say that here, in Italy, the italians when receveing the letter from the descendants of emigrated people, well they normally reply and also they help... so is a chance also this...
Primamore is also a surname however... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

deluca

Postby deluca » 31 Mar 2006, 22:34

Antonio who came with his wife and kids to the states was probably born around 1875.
One of his kids, Vincenzo De Luca, was probably born around 1895.
and Vincenzo De Luca had a son himself who was born 1917 (my grandfather..so that birthdate (1917) is the only one we really know, the others are just guessed.

deluca

Postby deluca » 31 Mar 2006, 22:40

oh I am not looking for relatives in Italy, I know those.
I'm actually looking for information on the relatives still who are still in the states and i also would like to find out what the family of my great-great-grandfather did after they arrived in the states, like where they really lived and stuff..

deluca

Postby deluca » 31 Mar 2006, 23:09

oh and yeah, that 1 year old vincenzo can't be my great-grandfather, because he was just one year old in 1909. My great-grandfather had already a son born 1917...

..the only additional information i can think of is that vincenzo was probably around 4yrs old when he arrived with his family in the states

babbsrhd

Postby babbsrhd » 01 Apr 2006, 03:15

Hi, I am researching the DeLuca family too. They were from Campobasso, Sant' angelo del Pesco. Nicoletta DeLuca married Carmine DiGiulio and they had one child in Italy and others once they immigrated to Pennsylvania, Allegheny county. I believe Nicoletta had a brother named Antonio. Let me know if any of your info seems to match mine. Thanks and good luck. Robin DiGiulio

brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby brujaojos » 01 Apr 2006, 08:20

deluca wrote:Antonio who came with his wife and kids to the states was probably born around 1875.
One of his kids, Vincenzo De Luca, was probably born around 1895.
and Vincenzo De Luca had a son himself who was born 1917 (my grandfather..so that birthdate (1917) is the only one we really know, the others are just guessed.

Hi There,

I have a few questions for you.

Your grandfather is Vincenzo born 1917, correct?

Where was your grandfather, Vincenzo, born?

Vincenzo (born 1917) father was Vincenzo born around 1895, correct?

Do you know Vincenzo's (b.1917) mother's name?

Do you know the names of the parent's of Vincenzo born 1895? You stqated the father was Antonio, correct? Who is the mother?

Can you please get back to us?
Thanks
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum

brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby brujaojos » 01 Apr 2006, 08:36

Hi Again,

Now this is all Possibilities for your ancestors. We need more specific information from you as well as documentation to verify any of this information.

Here is a ship's manifest for an Antonio DeLuca coming into the USA from Longobucco who was born about 1875
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2524080181

I also found this interesting. Teresa Vaglia coming into the USA with 3 children including Vincenzo born 1900 and they are going to go see her husband Antonio DeLuca.

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2380050095

This message was edited.........
Hope this helps,
Trish

Trish

Genealogy-Forum

deluca

Postby deluca » 01 Apr 2006, 15:09

good morning,

@brujaojos.. thank you so much, i just took a look at the ellis island manifest of teresa vaglia.. that totaly fits, my dad guessed that her name has to be teresa, she has 3 kids and one of them is vincenzo de luca and she is visiting antonio de luca, and they came from longobucco..this has to be my great-great-grandmother!! that is awesome, thank you so much.

oh and to your questions:

1)My Grandfather is antonio (not vincenzo), born 1917. My Dad knows that for sure.

2)Grandfather Antonio was Born in italy, I dont know where in italy. But he didnt leave europe, I only mentioned his birthday because it profes that his father had to be back in italy before 1917.

3) Antonio (born 1917) his father is Vincenzo (now looks like born 1900) and his father is Antonio (probably born around 1875)

4)I dont know Antonio's (1917) mother's name right now (I will ask my dad)

5) Vincenzo's (born prob. 1900) father is Antonio De Luca (prob. born 1875)
for Vincenzo, we guessed born around 1895-1897, so 1900 could be possible too and the ellis island record confirms 1900. probably born in longobucco.
We were only able to guess Vincenzos's mothers first name..Teresa

deluca

Postby deluca » 01 Apr 2006, 15:41

Morning again,

Is anyone good in reading the old handwriting on the ellis island documents? I have some difficulties making out some words in the document for Teresa Vaglia.

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManifest.asp?pID=102380050095

1. the names of the 2 daughters, looks to me like “ hueresiaâ€Â

deluca

Postby deluca » 01 Apr 2006, 16:40

Hi again.. I have the same problem with the manifest of Antonio De Luca.
I can’t make out the address of the relative he is visiting.

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManifest.asp?pID=102524080181

I can make out that he is going to his cousin…the first name looks like “serafinoâ€Â

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 01 Apr 2006, 16:50

[quote="deluca"]Morning again,

Is anyone good in reading the old handwriting on the ellis island documents? I have some difficulties making out some words in the document for Teresa Vaglia.

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManifest.asp?pID=102380050095

1. the names of the 2 daughters, looks to me like “ hueresiaâ€Â
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Nunsiata
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Nunsiata » 02 Apr 2006, 00:04

Hi DeLuca:
I believe Suanj is right on all counts. However, the second daughter's name looks more like "Rosina" to me, so keep that in mind.
On Antonio's manifest the cousin's first name is Serafino and the last name looks like Scavello or Scacello to me. That's my best guess.
The cousin's address is 60th & New Ulbrect Street. That could be the same street listed on Teresa's manifest - but as 66th & New Street.

Good luck in your search!

N

brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby brujaojos » 02 Apr 2006, 00:56

Hi Again,

On Teresa's manifest, there is a Pietro Scarcella right above her name who is also from Longobucco and Pietro is going to go see his brother, Serafino.

On Antonio's manifest, he is going to his cousin's Serafino Scarcella.

The address is 66 New Utrecht Avenue, which is in Brooklyn, New York.

There is also microfilm for the town of Longobucco. I've done research with these films for a client whose surnames were Vennari, Greco, Tavernese, DeRenzo, Simari, Imperiale, Nigro, Beraldo, Gallina, Calico and the list goes on.

Here is the link from the Family History Center where you can order and rent the films for about $5.75 a roll. There you could find the Birth, Marriage, and Death Acts of your ancestors.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

Here is the link to find the nearest Family History Center.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Also, you need some proof such as death certificates, naturalization papers, marriage applications, you need anything that could prove Antonio's father is Vincenzo and Vincenzo's father was Antonio.

Here are some Naturalization Records for an Antonio DeLuca in New York.

Name - Year - Petition Volume - Petition Number - Soundex
DeLuca Antonio 1939 924 259630 D420
DeLuca Antonio 1940 1010 281209 D420
DeLuca Antonio 1930 465 144995 D420
DeLuca Antonio 1938 896 252504 D420
DeLuca Antonio 1945 427933 D420

Here are some death date possiblities for Antonio DeLuca. That's if he died in NY.

Name - Age - Death Date - Certificate # - County - Soundex

Deluca Antonio 67 y Mar 22 1945 3124 Bronx D420
DeLuca Antonio 52 y Jul 19 1928 16067 Kings D420
Deluca Anthony 67 y Nov 18 1943 23526 Kings D420

I hope some of this helps.
Trish

Trish

Genealogy-Forum

Return to “Italian Genealogy”