Pontecorvo from Valmontone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
klo84
Rookie
Rookie

Pontecorvo from Valmontone

Postby klo84 » 05 Apr 2006, 19:56

:?: My grandfather's sister became a nun and emigrated to Brazil. Any idea on how I can identify her "Catholic" name and where in Brazil she may have gone? How do I identify her local parish in Valmontone? Would this be the best place to start to locate her? :?
klo84

jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Pontecorvo from Valmontone

Postby jcsm400 » 05 Apr 2006, 20:35

Were your great grandparents from Valmontone? If this is her born comune, have you checked LDS (Morman) filims for her birth act?

Here is a link to the available films for Valmontone. They begin in 1871. Not sure if they will help.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... o+civile++

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 05 Apr 2006, 20:45

Hi Klo, if the woman emigrated in Brasil was married well she was listed on ship's manifest under husband surname... if travelled alone no obviously, however with pontecorvo surname ONLY a person came in Brasil :
Nome Sobrenome Parentesco Ano Nacionalidade
GIUSEPPE PONTECORVO SOZINHO 1890 ITALIANA
as you can see was alone(sozinho), and arrived in Brasil, Santos port/ Sao Paulo in 1890... no other data... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

klo84
Rookie
Rookie

Postby klo84 » 05 Apr 2006, 22:19

My grandparents were born in Valmontone, Italy. My grandfather's sister was never married. She became a Nun. She never came to the US. She was sent to or went to Brazil as a Nun. I have ordered the birth records and am awaiting delivery. I believe her birth name was Marcella Pontecorvo. Thanks for your reply.
klo84

Return to “Italian Genealogy”