Looking for relatives

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ptimber
Master
Master

Looking for relatives

Post by ptimber »

There is nor record for any Magnafichi surname in all of Italy and there are only three Magnafichi who entered the USA as immigrants from Amaseno which are probably your relatives. Furthermore, the surname dictionary does not reflect any Magnafichi at all. You may wish to contact other members of the family in Amaseno with different surname. Peter
fantazy83

Re: Looking for relatives

Post by fantazy83 »

there are MANY Magnafichi's in the chicago area. Some of them are Magna's as the last name was changed by one of the Magnafichi men. Please leave a message at where I can reach you and I will give you more information.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Why do n't you discuss this n the forum so we can all learn and perhaps come to know people wth that surname other than in the the Chicago area?? Why the mystery? peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Beckett wrote:Looking for relatives of my great grandparents from Amaseno, Italy, in the region of Lazio. I am not sure of my grandpa\'s first name but his last name was Magnafichi, and he was married to Justina Testa. They had several children, some who came to U.S., some who remained in Italy.
Hi: I believe that just spelling is Magnafico;
-but are an Antonio Magnafichi (crossed)from Amaseno in ellis island http://stevemorse.org/goulnik/match1.ph ... i&FNM=iÃÂ
fantazy83

Post by fantazy83 »

I don't know much. My great grandfather's name was Antonio Magnafichi, and he came to America from Italy.
fantazy83

Post by fantazy83 »

I'm unsure if this will help but here is what I know. My great grandfather came here from Italy, Antonio Magnafichi. He had a daughter named Gina Magnafichi, and sons Anthony, Louis, Joeseph, and Rudy. Louis Magnafichi is my grandfather. He and my grandmother had my father, and then there is me. I have tons of cousins here and around Chicago, although I don't know them really. All of my great uncles have passed away as well as my grandfather. The only living people mentioned still are myself, my father, and my great aunt Gina. Does that help at all?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You should buy or borrow the book Italian genealogical records by Trafford r. Cole whichis an easy read and will enable you to consduct yourown research at your own time. it is a wonderful experience. While we are here to answer your questions the research is on your shoulders. Peter
wolfman427

Post by wolfman427 »

hi my grandfather was emill magnafici ive been told that he dropped the H from our last name. i don't know alot about him. but i can tell you what i know. bye for now wolfee!
fantazy83

Post by fantazy83 »

I have come across a long lost cousin who spelled his name Magnafici. I was very little when I met him, but last I know they lived near the Dixon, IL and another lived in Amboy, IL area. Someone in his family tree had dropped the H like you said. I know my dad and him at some point had sat down and figured out that we were long lost cousins. I do not know what the connection is htough as I was too little.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

fantazy83 wrote:I'm unsure if this will help but here is what I know. My great grandfather came here from Italy, Antonio Magnafichi. He had a daughter named Gina Magnafichi, and sons Anthony, Louis, Joeseph, and Rudy. Louis Magnafichi is my grandfather. He and my grandmother had my father, and then there is me. I have tons of cousins here and around Chicago, although I don't know them really. All of my great uncles have passed away as well as my grandfather. The only living people mentioned still are myself, my father, and my great aunt Gina. Does that help at all?
Hi fantasy this are your ancestors in 1920 census of UTAH::

Tony Magnafichi Sunnyside, Carbon, Utah abt 1884 Italy White
Name: Tony Magnafichi
[Tony Magnafichi??]
Estimated birth year: abt 1884
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Home in 1920: Sunnyside, Carbon, Utah
Home owned: Rent
Sex: Male
Marital status: Married
Relation to Head of House: Head
Year of immigration: un
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 118

Charles Magnafichi Sunnyside, Carbon, Utah abt 1886 Italy White
Joe Magnafichi Sunnyside, Carbon, Utah abt 1913 Illinois White
Louis Magnafichi Sunnyside, Carbon, Utah abt 1913 Illinois White
Genia Magnafichi Sunnyside, Carbon, Utah abt 1916 Illinois White
Rudolph Magnafichi Sunnyside, Carbon, Utah abt 1918 Colorado White
I cannot found the Antonio immigration's record, but in Chicago was some other Magnafichi(Eligio named) that coming from Amaseno, Italy.
Hoping helpful, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
AJReigle

Post by AJReigle »

Hi Beckett, I know this post is about 11 years old (wow!) but I came across it while doing some research for my own family. I believe we're related. My grandmother was Josephine Bevilacqua (maiden), daughter of Luigi Bevilacqua and Victoria Magnafichi (maiden). I believe Victoria was the daughter of Justina Testa, and that they came over from Italy together in the early 1900s. Were you ever able to find more information? I'd be interesting in learning more. Thanks!
Marie

Post by Marie »

Hi. I know your post is a few years old, but my great aunt was Victoria Magnafici Bevalaqua. Are you still on this forum?
AJReigle

Post by AJReigle »

Hi Marie, I am here! So sorry for the many years delayed response. Are you still active? I would love to chat further as Victoria was my great grandmother and I am attempting Italian citizenship through her line. It seems we are related! Please let me know - you can find me on facebook or Instagram (@ajreigle).

Grazie mille!