Looking beyond Mormon records In San Paolo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
magprise
Rookie
Rookie

Looking beyond Mormon records In San Paolo

Postby magprise » 11 Apr 2006, 03:42

Hello,

I have just finished researching my father's family using the Mormon records. They are from San Paolo Albanese. I was able to track the family until the beginning of these records in 1809. For example from his 1830 marriage record I know my great-great grandfather was born about 1802 and I also have his father's name which I guess means he was born in the 1770's.

My question is are there other records that would have information before 1809. From the records my family appears to have been tenant farmers and shepards and I am interested to know if there are older records available besides the Mormon records on microfilm that I could look at.

Thank you,
GS

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Looking beyond Mormon records In San Paolo

Postby wldspirit » 11 Apr 2006, 06:09

Once you have exhausted civil records, there are parish records..but it is my understanding that these can be hard to access depending on the priest. Trevisan and James Bianco have experience with these types of records......perhaps you could pm each of them.
wldspirit

Return to “Italian Genealogy”