Comune of Marfisa Capocci who came to Brasil

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Comune of Marfisa Capocci who came to Brasil

Postby Kelson » 23 Apr 2006, 05:45

Mi chiedo se Voi per favore poteste aiutarmi a scoprire la Comune di origine de la Signora Marfisa Capocci, bisnonna di mia sposa.

Insieme con la città di nascità de la Signora Capocci, queste informazioni sono di grande interesse per mia sposa, Jacqueline. La Signora Marfisa Capocci venne a Brasile dalla fine del secolo 19 o dall'inizio del secolo 20. Lei visse all'interno dello Stato di Rio de Janeiro e si sposò col Signore Alfredo Eccard.

La Signora Marfisa aveva un figlio chiamato Ernesto, che è il nonno di mia sposa, già morto sfortunatamente. Per favore, mi aiuta se Voi avete alcun tipo di informazioni sugli altri parenti della Signora Marfisa Capocci in Italia. Grazie.

Saluti a tutti,

Kelson dos Santos Araújo
Rio de Janeiro - RJ - Brasile

Dear Sirs,

I wonder if you could please help me to find the Comune of origin of Mrs. Marfisa Capocci, who is my wife's great-grandmother. This information together with the city of birth of Mrs. Capocci is of great interest to my wife, Jacqueline.

Mrs. Marfisa Capocci came to Brazil by the end of the 19th century or beginning of the 20th century. She lived at the interior of Rio de Janeiro State and got married to Mr. Alfredo Eccard.

Mrs. Marfisa Capocci had a son called Ernesto who is my wife's grandfather, who has already passed away, unfortunately. Please, help me if you have any type of information about other relatives of Mrs. Marfisa Capocci in Italy. Thank you.

Kind regards to all,

Kelson dos Santos Araújo
Rio de Janeiro - RJ - Brazil

Re: Comune of Marfisa Capocci who came to Brasil

Postby jcsm400 » 23 Apr 2006, 08:03

Hi Kelson,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure what information may be provided on vital records in Brazil, but here (USA) you can sometimes find the comune information on the ship of arrival manifest, marriage record, or on the persons death certificate.

Here is a link to pre-1904 Brazil passenger arrivals. The website is in Spanish.

Here is a link to a Brazil Research Guide that you can order through your local Family History Center (FHC). ... 1&initBC=Y

And here is a link to locate your local FHC. ... et_fhc.asp

Hope this helps some.

jcsm :)

Postby suanj » 23 Apr 2006, 08:18

Kelson: Capocci is a surname of Frosinone area( especially), and also in Roma area and Terni area... no many Capocci person in Italy.. no records for Marfisa CAPOCCI in memorial do emigrante of Sao Paulo.. most probable your ancestor was arrived in Rio de Janeiro port .. directly... you must search the" processo para casamento" of Marfisa and Alfredo in Brasil for to know the age, the birthdate, the birthplace.
Without data is impossible to find something... regards, suanj
Visit my website:

Postby Marisa6 » 23 Apr 2006, 21:37

Hi Kelson

There was a Capocci family in Picinisco. There is a very kind and helpful man called Michel Vacca who is constructing a genealogy of Picinisco, and he may be able to tell you if Marfisa was born there. Go to It would be helpful if you knew some dates. Post a question on the forum, and he will get back to you if he knows anything. My great great grandmother was Maria Luigia Capocci of Picinisco. Perhaps we are related!!

Good luck

Return to “Italian Genealogy”