HELP ME!!!!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
andreg32

HELP ME!!!!

Postby andreg32 » 28 Apr 2006, 03:52

Hello!, I`m Andrea. I am Argentina. I am locking for the born certificate of my mather s grandfather, he names was Battafarano Octavio Jose Luis, he was born march, 5 of 1913 in Casole Bruzio, Cosenza, Calabria, Italia.´
I want to know where I can take this information.
Thank you and I wait for your answer. Please answer me!!!
hOLA!! Soy Andrea. Estoy buscando la partida de nacimiento de mi abuelo materno, el naciò el 5 de marzo de 1913 en Casole Bruzio, Cosenza, Calabria, Italia. Quisiera saber donde puedo obtener esta informaciòn.
GRACIAS y aguardo por su respuesta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: HELP ME!!!!

Postby jcsm400 » 28 Apr 2006, 08:22

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the forum :!:

Here is the address to write to request his birth act (extract). I recommend requesting the extract & not the cerificate, because the extract will contain more information.

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Casole Bruzio
87050 CASOLE BRUZIO (CS)
ITALY

Your letter should be written in Italian(you can compose it & then have one of our members translate it into Italian). Also send a self addressed return envelop, a copy of your photo ID (recommend), and an international reply coupon (obtain from your local post office).

Once you receive this birth act, you will know his parents names & approx. age & occupations. You then can order LDS (Mormans) films from your local LDS-Family History Center, to trace his family further back.

Here is the information on the available films:

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... o+civile++

Here is a link to local your nearest Family History Center in Argentina
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

I hope this helps with your search. If you need any additional help....you know where to come!

jcsm :)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”