Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Postby andreg32 » 28 Apr 2006, 03:52

Hello!, I`m Andrea. I am Argentina. I am locking for the born certificate of my mather s grandfather, he names was Battafarano Octavio Jose Luis, he was born march, 5 of 1913 in Casole Bruzio, Cosenza, Calabria, Italia.´
I want to know where I can take this information.
Thank you and I wait for your answer. Please answer me!!!
hOLA!! Soy Andrea. Estoy buscando la partida de nacimiento de mi abuelo materno, el naciò el 5 de marzo de 1913 en Casole Bruzio, Cosenza, Calabria, Italia. Quisiera saber donde puedo obtener esta informaciòn.
GRACIAS y aguardo por su respuesta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: HELP ME!!!!

Postby jcsm400 » 28 Apr 2006, 08:22

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the forum :!:

Here is the address to write to request his birth act (extract). I recommend requesting the extract & not the cerificate, because the extract will contain more information.

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Casole Bruzio

Your letter should be written in Italian(you can compose it & then have one of our members translate it into Italian). Also send a self addressed return envelop, a copy of your photo ID (recommend), and an international reply coupon (obtain from your local post office).

Once you receive this birth act, you will know his parents names & approx. age & occupations. You then can order LDS (Mormans) films from your local LDS-Family History Center, to trace his family further back.

Here is the information on the available films: ... o+civile++

Here is a link to local your nearest Family History Center in Argentina ... et_fhc.asp

I hope this helps with your search. If you need any additional know where to come!

jcsm :)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”