Family with Spinazzola surname in Melito

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Spinazzola

Family with Spinazzola surname in Melito

Post by Spinazzola »

If you are a descendent of Spinazzola's, Genuito's, or Muto's from Melito Irpino/Framingham, Mass., please send me a line.

-Jacob
ginospinazzola

Re: Family with Spinazzola surname in Melito

Post by ginospinazzola »

Hi Jacob, my name is Gino Spinazzola. I live in Truro Nova Scotia. Canada. I was born in 1955 in Sydney NS. My grandfather, Pasquale Spinazzola came to Sydney NS. Canada in 1899. He changed his name to Patsy Smith and lived by that name until his death in 1939. He came from Melito but he lived in the United States for at least a couple of years before he came to Canada. My grandmother's name was Teransana Massimmelo and she came to Canada around 1915. Our family knows very little about our grandfather and we never knew any details about his parents. I think it is about time we find out more about our Spinazzola family. I am not very good at this type of research and would sincerely appreciate any guidence you could offer me. Regards Gino Spinazzola
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi

I happen to find this using the Castle Garden search, the only one I could find that actually listed Melito.

Pasquale Spinazzola Occupation Country Man
Age 17
Sex M
Literacy N
Arrived 10 Jan 1900
Origin Italy
Port Naples
Last Residence Mileto
Destination Boston Ma
Plan Unknown
Ship Werra
Passage Unknown

I'm very new to everything, but there are alot of very nice people here that will try and help you find information if they can.

One site you might want to register for is www.ellisisland.org it's a free site and you can search for relatives there. Another site you can try is stevemorse.org - it has alot of information including other ports where immigrants entered - most information on the site is free.

Good luck in your search.

Elizabeth
artshirk

Post by artshirk »

Hi,

I have an ancestor -- Maria Spinazzola -- from Melito Irpino, but I do not have any data on her or her ancestry... any leads would be great.

Here is what I have:
She was married to Pietro Sacco, and they had a son Nicola Sacco who was born November 28, 1861 in Melito Irpino, Avellino. So, I am guessing that Maria Spinazzola would have been born between 1825-1845.

Nicola Sacco was married to Gelsomina Di Chiara, also of Melito Irpino, and they had 3 children: Pietro Antonio Sacco (b. November 11, 1896), Gennaro Sacco (b. unknown), and Carmella Sacco (b. unknown).

If anyone has any info on this line, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Art Shirk
princessbubbles_1
Veteran
Veteran

Post by princessbubbles_1 »

ginospinazzola wrote:Hi Jacob, my name is Gino Spinazzola. I live in Truro Nova Scotia. Canada. I was born in 1955 in Sydney NS. My grandfather, Pasquale Spinazzola came to Sydney NS. Canada in 1899. He changed his name to Patsy Smith and lived by that name until his death in 1939. He came from Melito but he lived in the United States for at least a couple of years before he came to Canada. My grandmother's name was Teransana Massimmelo and she came to Canada around 1915. Our family knows very little about our grandfather and we never knew any details about his parents. I think it is about time we find out more about our Spinazzola family. I am not very good at this type of research and would sincerely appreciate any guidence you could offer me. Regards Gino Spinazzola
Hello and welcome,
I believe i have found a marriage record for your grand father but the name of the bride does not match. the brides name was a Brosiana Massimelo.
They were married on July 18, 1914. Pasquale was 36 yrs and Brosiana was 21 yrs both living in Glace Bay N.S this is the link https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/Ite ... &ID=152147
also there is a link for a marriage record for an Antonetta Spinazzola age 19 yrs living on Charolette St in Sydney N.S living at home she is the daughter of Pasquale Spinazzola born in Italy and Teresa Massimello also born in Italy she married a Antonio Aneovelli. This is the link https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/Ite ... &ID=216759 Hope this helps some in your search. This web site is great for Canadians searching for ancestors.
Italy80
apiapibij

Post by apiapibij »

Melito and Mileto are two different towns.
Help
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Help »

My great great grandmother was Maria Teresa Spinazzola & I believe she was a seamstress. I don't know where or when she was born but she died in 1875 in Pomarico, Italy. She was married to Francesco Scandiffio & one of their sons, Nicodemo Scandiffio (1841-1905)born in Pomarico, Bascilicata, Italy was my great grandfather & he was a shoe maker. Is Melito near Pomarico? I would love to know who my great great grandmother's parents were. Thank you.