In search of my Grand-father Salvatore Cicolani

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
coccodrillo

In search of my Grand-father Salvatore Cicolani

Postby coccodrillo » 07 May 2006, 17:10

I'm trying to find clues about my grandfather's fate.
His name was Salvatore Cicolani, and he was married with Elvira, who remained in Italy.
He was born in Scoppito, a small village near the town of L'Aquila, located in Abruzzo, central Italy.
We know that he went to USA two times: the first one in 1906, while the second and last time was in 1909.
Since then, nobody hasn't got any news about him. He was believed (and I remark: BELIEVED) dead, but we never knew were he was dead or the circumstances of the death.
Surfing ellisisland.org, we found two records about a man named Salvatore Cicolani (you can follow link to the page: http://www.ellisisland.org/search/match ... &dwpdone=1), who arrived in US in 1906 and 1909.
We downloaded the ship manifests, but we weren't able to read writing of the immigration officer.
Should you think you can have clues to help my research, please reply to this post.
Salvatore

joyse
Rookie
Rookie

Re: In search of my Grand-father Salvatore Cicolani

Postby joyse » 07 May 2006, 18:52

I think you have come to the best site for help. Someone in the US will soon look up the details for you. People on here are so helpful. I hope you find what happened to your grandfather. I am trying to find my great grandfather, he too seems to have gone missing in Canada.
Good luck Salvatore

Joy :D

joyse
Rookie
Rookie

Postby joyse » 07 May 2006, 19:04

Salvatore
I just looked at your link, I think it says he joined his brother-in-law. So he must have gone to his sister but I cannot read the name. It may be a good idea to print off the details then try to decipher letter by letter looking at words from other details to see how it was written.
Joy :D

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 07 May 2006, 19:19

in first and second manifest, Salvatore joining at Alberto ( first name)DeNuntis(?) brother in law; the final destination seems Uniontown PA...

however are this manifest about [url=http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanifest.asp?order_num=913691740&MID=06831962910267055616&order_num=913691740&ORDER_ID=1500290253&FNM=A&LNM=DI+NUNZIO&PLNM=DI+NUNZIO&CGD=M&first_kind=1&last_kind=0&town_kind=1&ship_kind=0&TOWN=SC&SHIP=null&RF=155ÃÂ
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 08 May 2006, 05:47

Repeating this post from the other thread:

The only thing I was able to decipher:

On the 1906 records - he was staying with his brother-in-law, De Chir? Alberto at address Box 795.

On the 1909 records - There is mention of a Box 558 and someone named Maurizio. The man listed as Number 27 gave the same address, and I think there the P.O. Box was at Union Station or it could be the Uniontown PA address mentioned by Suanj above.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 08 May 2006, 15:27

Hi mier, I'm sure about all infos;
the brother in law is Alberto De Nuntis, and the town is Uniontown PA.
Regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

coccodrillo

Postby coccodrillo » 13 May 2006, 01:16

Thank you everybody for your help!
I'm going to cross-check all the infos you were able to provide with my cousins in L'Aquila to see if they have had notice about the people related to my grandfather that you mentioned.
Thank you again: should I find some news I will post again!
Regards, Salvatore

Return to “Italian Genealogy”