any Marangell Marangelli here???

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
patton449

any Marangell Marangelli here???

Postby patton449 » 11 May 2006, 08:01

any marangell or Marangelli here marangell from america marangelli from italy, either Bari or Napelles?
they would be decendents of Michael Marangell(i) who is the son of Guiseppi and Caterina Marangell(i) Caterinas maiden name was Buonasoro. They all lived in and died in Bari, but i have some info from my grandfathers research (which may not be completely accurate) that our family moved to Napoli some were along the lines. I gave the 2 names because the family name was changed from Marangelli to Marangell, either in Italy, Or when the family came to America.

Also on an exteremely off chance is their anyone here that is a decendent of Lucretia Marangell(i). Marangell(i) is her maiden name dont know her married name. She did move to Argentina though. but she was born in Italy. Just thought i d ask. :D

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: any Marangell Marangelli here???

Postby wldspirit » 11 May 2006, 08:06

When posting, it is better to limit topic to one thread, makes it easier for those helping with research to keep track of what has been found and what needs to be found. Also, if you need help in tracking down a certain ancestor, provide names, dates, spouse and known children....location of where they can be found on a record and any other info you have already collected.
wldspirit :wink:

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 11 May 2006, 20:06

Patton 449: what is your post...? it is illegible, please to advantage you of helpful advices of Lisa for a rational post here. More: for napelles you mean NAPOLI?

Regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

patton449

Postby patton449 » 12 May 2006, 06:57

yes i mean NAPOLI :oops: and i am looking for anyway that has that name living Napoli or even possible Bari. Are families name was changed somewere either in Italy when part of my family moved from Bari to Napoli, or when some of my family came over from Italy to America. Thats why i am looking for anyone in Bari or Napoli that Has the Name Marangell or Marangelli, they would be decendents of Michael ??wifes name?? Marangell(i) whos the son of Guiseppi and Caterina Marangell(i). All of them stayed in Bari. But our family some were along the lines moved to Napoli, i think. as you can probably see i have lots of little pieces of info, that tell different stories, and most contridic eachother.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 12 May 2006, 11:22

pratically: you search the italian Marangellis, living, relatives of Michele Marangelli emigrated, that was the son of Giuseppe and Caterina (Buonasera..?) in the area of Napoli and Bari.. if correct please let me know..
more: please write us all data that you have about your ancestors and all data that you have about persons that you looking for.
Regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

patton449

Postby patton449 » 13 May 2006, 02:28

I would do that, but i am not sure if all the info i have (which isn't a lot) is correct.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 13 May 2006, 14:06

well and you can say us when your Michele is emigrated in USa? and the probable birthyear? and where he lived? on ellis island are 4 Michele Marangelli and nobody with Giuseppe father! if we find the ship's manifest, we can know the right birthplace and after you can contact the birth common directly and also the Marangelli living people... suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

patton449

Postby patton449 » 13 May 2006, 23:57

Michael never came to the US. He stayed in Italy. I was hoping that i could find some of my living relatives either in America, or in Italy.Guiseppi and Caterina had 5 children, which all went different ways in life. the only Marangell(i)'s that i Know of are the Marangell's that are direct decendents of Frank, one of Guiseppi's children. i want to find some of my relatives from some of Guiseppi's other children, in hopes that they might have some more accurate info on our families ancestor's, and maybe could give me a lead or a good place to start looking for more accurate info on my family.

vj
Master
Master

Postby vj » 14 May 2006, 03:39

Difficult to find correct family with limited information.
Perhaps something will sound familiar?

examples:
WWI Draft Registration Card (ancestry.com)
5 June 1917
Francesco MARANGELLI
119 Water, New Haven, CT
24 yrs old, born 5 Aug 1892
Alien, born in Conversano, Bari, Italy
Laborer, NY NH & H RR
(New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad) in New Haven
Dependents: Father, Mother, 3 brothers & sister under 12 and wife
Claiming exemption for support of family
Description: tall & slender, light eyes, chestnut hair

This Frank MARANGELLI appears to have moved to Ohio before 1920...
1920 US Census
Akron Ward 1, Summit, OH
31 Locust St Lots(?)
Frank MARANGELLI, 27 yrs old (abt 1892), immig 1909 Al,
laborer - rubber shop, rents house
wife Raffie, 20 yrs old (abt 1899), born in CT, Al, parents born in Italy
son Joseph, 2 yrs 4? mos (abt 1917), born in CT
(possible? son named for Frank's father - Giuseppe)

Also in New Haven, CT & Akron, OH: a brother or cousin?
Ohio Military Men, 1917-18 Record
Name: Domenick MARANGELLI
Serial Number: 3147328
Race: W
Residence: 15 Water St., New Haven, Conn.
Enlistment Division: National Army
Enlistment Location: Akron, O.
Enlistment Date: 28 Jun 1918
Birth Place: Covrenzo, Italy
Birth Date / Age: 20 Feb 1894
Assigns Comment: 151 Depot Brigade to 3 Aug 1918; Co B 73 Infantry to 5 Sept 1918; 151 Depot Brigade to Discharge Private Honorable discharge 2 Dec 1918.
Volume #: 23

At an address within 2 blocks of Francesco Marangelli in New Haven,
working at the same company: Pietro MARANGELLI - a brother or cousin?
WWI Draft Registration Card
12 Sep 1918
Pedro # MARANGELLI (signed Pietro)
231 Wooster St, New Haven, CT
32 yrs old, born 18 Mar 1888
Alien - non declarant, born in Italy
Mail Porter - NY NH & H RR, New Haven, CT
wife Mrs Attelorata Marangelli at same address
Description: short, medium build, gray eyes, brown hair
Lost portion of 3 fingers on left hand

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 14 May 2006, 04:51

The name Marangelli shows up in New Jersey, Connecticut, New York,
Massachusetts, Ohio and Wisconsin, Texas, California and Pennsylvannia...........it is useless trying to locate info when the poster has not provided any info as to WHERE and WHAT state the family lived in......
time waster!!!

wldspirit

If you want help in finding info then provide answers to the questions that have been asked repeatedly.......... :?

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 14 May 2006, 10:22

well, if the Francesco Marangelli found by vj is your right Frank, he coming from Conversano in Bari province... for to know the right infos that you need, you can see the Conversano microfilms by LDS
so you can descover all Giuseppe and caterina birthdates, marriages, name children & birthdates etc.. with this right and necessary info you can ask in Conversano civil records office ( for exemple of to know all data, also last residence of Michael/Michele) what you need... also you can write to Marangelli in Conversano if they know some info about your relationship...
regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Kennym

Postby Kennym » 18 May 2006, 10:30

patton449

You are looking for my grandfather. Francesco Marangell. He lived in CT. Moved to Ohio and back to CT. He was a laborer for the railroad, as posted earlier. According to my records, Frank was the son of Giusippe and Catherina Bounasora. He came from a family of six; Francesco, Dominic, Michael, Portia, Lucrezio, and Vito. Portia and Frank settled in New Haven, CT. Lucrezio was in Buenoa Aires. We have no idea where the other three are. If you think Michael is in Argentina, it would make sense since our last address for Lucrezio is there. There he would have family. I would love to here more from you.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 18 May 2006, 15:08

Hi Kennym: this is great new! I hope that patton449 read very soon your message! good luck ! suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

aleelaw

Postby aleelaw » 15 Nov 2006, 22:15

I am Adam Marangell, son of Frank Marangell, both born in New Haven, Ct. Me in 1968, my dad in 1040 (now deceased). He had 3 half brothers, all deceased. His father, Joe married an Irish lady and had my father. He then married Virginia and had 3 sons. He is also deceased but Virginia is alive and a writer in New Haven. She writes Italian fiction books. My sister is Lauren Marangell, a dr. in Houston.

If anyone is related to me please email me at: amarangell@socal.rr.com.

Thanks to all!

maringelli

Postby maringelli » 20 Nov 2006, 07:22

It has to be more than coincidence that I am too looking for information about my grandfather born in the vicinity of Bari around 1885 and that his last name was MARINGELLI not MARANGELLI?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”