Surname Assante di Cupillo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Surname Assante di Cupillo

Postby Saporito » 23 May 2006, 16:16

Hello! I'd like to know if someone could give some tips to find information about my surname, Assante di Cupillo. I know it comes from Procida, Naples, but I want to know more about the meaning of the words and the historical origins of it. I would appreciate your help very much!

Thanks,

Saporito
Saporito

Re: Surname Assante di Cupillo

Postby steve_duglu » 17 Apr 2008, 11:30

Hello My surname is also ASSANTE DI CAUPILLO (in fact ASSANTE DI CAPILLO due to an error in state transcription). What do you want to know?
steve_duglu

Postby DMarotta » 19 May 2011, 21:40

My mother's dad was Giuseppe (Joseph) Assante. He was born in Procida in 1910 and emigrated to the US at a very young age with his brother, Biagio and mother, Carmela Scotto Assante. His dad was already in the states. I believe his name was Michele (Michael) Assante di Cupillo. I am attempting to construct a family tree and would love to chat with any relatives.
DMarotta

Postby Nurscherylz » 17 Jul 2013, 22:27

I, too, search for ancestry info on Assante di Cupillo. In particular anything related to the following: Procida, Italy

Salvatore Assante, 31 Jan 1825 - 1 Sep 1871
Married twice: #1 wife - Agnese "Agnes" (Anzalone) Assante
children: Angela Maria Assante, 1848
Giovanni Battista Assante 1849
Christina Assante, 1853
Antonio Assante, 1855-1898
Auiello Assante, 1864-1884
#2 Wife: Maria Grazia (Anzalone) Assante WERE THEY SISTERS?
children: Angela Maria Assante
Christina Assante
Leonardo Assante, 1861-1904..........this is the line I am tracing.

Any help would be immensely appreciated. Thank you. :) Cheryl

respond to nurscherylz@yahoo.com
Assante de Mi Familia
Nurscherylz

Postby Dancingcow » 09 Nov 2014, 03:20

In regard to the post by DMarotta about info on the Assante family, please note that I am the same person as DMarotta. I could not log on with my original information so I had to register with a new name. Anyway I am still looking for information on the Assante di Cupillo family from Procida. This is my maternal grandfather's side of the family. Any info you may have is welcome. Please respond to dancingcow.marotta@gmail.com
Dancingcow

Postby PeterTimber » 09 Nov 2014, 05:35

Assante di Cupillo or any variation is not listed in the Italian surname dictionary thus making it a name local in origin or imported from abroad and Italianized. There is no dictionary word for Assante nor Cupillo. Local surnames were usually based on nicknames, first names, occupations or even an anecdote or joke. Peter
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy