Paulucci family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Paulucci family

Post by mahart »

:P
Hi Inejenn and hi to everyone,

I have looked at the census returns on Ancestry uk, and yes Peter is present at 1841 and 1851 with his son Peter also present at 1841.
Also it is listed he died 1855.
I think you are right not looking into age at time of 1841 census because it is true they rounded age off as opposed to exact age so the 1851 census is more reliable. The fact he was listed as a grocer at 1841 is most likely what he actually did for work and that it has him as shopkeeper (pauper) at 1851 confirms his occupation. It is more than likely listing what he did and what is status was at the time of survey: pauper i.e. no income. He was 91 years old and probably incaple of work.

I would get his death certificate it may not give you his town of origin but it may give you his address at the time of death, and if this is a workhouse then there will be more records for you to seach at the record office. It may be worth trying to obtain the church/parish record he married Hannah in because info may also lie their.
Where did you get he was a merchant from? because if he was then it may be worth trawling French websites because most Italians came to England through the ancient trade routes (Roman times) through France as opposed to sailing especially merchants. It is also not uncommon for merchant from Italy to import fruit into England so there maybe a link to his occupation in England. Below is a link to genealogy website which brings quite a few Paulucci's up with origins in France.It may be worth contacting the originators of the postings

http://www.geneanet.org/

Also I have included a link to a project ran by Leicester University, which is getting historical directories online. There are quite alot already. It will help to verify occupation and where he lived over a number of years. The website is not always the most stable but is well worth persevering with

http://www.historicaldirectories.org/hd/index.asp

Hope this is of some help
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Hi Mark :D

How are you keeping? Its great to hear from you - I thought you must be snowed under with work - either that or all of the excitement with the football has been too much for you!!!!

The spelling of Paulucci is relatively consistant over the various records I have seen which makes me think that this man could read and write. What do you think?

Marisa xx
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
inejenn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by inejenn »

Mark, many thanks for all the useful information, I will certainly follow up the leads you suggest.

Marisa, yes, I do believe Pietro could read and write because today I have tracked down his marriage record and he signed his name, whilst his wife made her mark.

I am extremely grateful to everyone on here for all the help you have given me, I will be following up all the information given and will keep you informed. At last I feel as if I am a little closer to finding out more about Pietro!
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Hi Inejenn

You are very welcome :D :D

Thank you for your PM. I have been trying to reply to you all day - but for some reason my PMs keep getting stuck in my 'outbox' :roll: Ah well - these little tings are sent to try us. 10 minutes til the Italy match kicks off!

See you later

Marisa
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mahart »

:P Hey Marisa,
Yer your right on both accounts work and football. Also I have recently beeen at the local LDS family history centre looking at the birth registers for the Apuglia region to try and get a lead on my ancestors but the quality of the microfilm is poor and I can't understand the Italian. Maybe I could upload a photocopy and ask the guys to translate and tell me what to look for when I go back in a couple of days. How is the PhD research going? Someone from Glasgow was down at the Maritime Museum here giving a talk on the likeness of Liverpool and Glasgow as 19th century ports. I did not get a chance to go over even though I'm based their, its been that busy. I have to go now Italy match has kicked off and I'm a bit worried about this Ghanian team.
Regards for now Mark
:P
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Half time! That goal from Pirlo was a long time coming 8O Totti just does not look the same with short hair. Come on Italy!!!!!

Glasgow and Liverpool were very similar, socially as well as economically. Some time I will bore you rigid with the comparisons if you like :D

Second half starting soon

Speak later

Marisa xx
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi Marisa!!!

Yes that goal from Pirlo was a long time coming! The kids to a walk to our Little Italy yesterday after the game and showed up on the news! What a hoot to see my kids where I was in 1982 doing the same thing and on TV!

I only hope that Saturday will be just as successful for our "Italy" team and that the weather is nice. I plan to bring a camera this time and show you how we "Canadians" celebrate a win.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope others will do the same. Would be nice to see.

Nuccia :D
inejenn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by inejenn »

Ermmm - many thanks to everyone who replied about my Paulucci query, but I have to admit I don't share the enthusiasm for football!!!! I hope the world cup has not sabotaged my request for help in my Paulucci research!!!!
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

inejenn,

Of course it hasn't sabotaged anything! We are an Italian forum and are interested in all things Italian, including the Soccer game. World Cup is an important event, a World Event and will be very important to many of us for the next month. Remember, we're researching our own families too but sometimes you need to have a little bit of fun! :D

Marisa and I often make reference to the games on various posts and still continue to help the posters...you included.

Will try and keep are discussion on a separate thread from now on. :D :D :D

Now smile for us... :D :D :D :D
Nuccia
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Perhaps Incipit can help in Paulucci/Paolucci search, because perhaps Peter could be born in Lucca area.. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Incipit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Incipit »

Hi all,

In this moment we are making a research in Lucca archives (Suanj, how do you know? :D :D :D ).
If I'll see any Paolucci baptism, I'll post it here...

Regards
Tommaso
Incipit
Genealogical researches in Italy
www.incipitprato.com
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Incipit, I know about you :lol: you make the search in Lucca area! regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
inejenn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by inejenn »

Many thanks Suanj and Incipit, my ancestor was PIETRO PAULICCI on his marriage certificate but later on I have found different spellings of the name, mainly PAULUCCI. Any information would be most welcome!!!

On the subject of football, I didn't mean to upset anyone, it is just that I feel I am the only person in the world who hates football and couldn't believe the World Cup was following me onto here as well as everywhere else at the moment !!!!! (Now, I would add a suitable embarrassed face here but don't know how to add them onto my messages, but apologies once again if I upset any of you).
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

inegenn,

You're funny! Many of us didn't know hw to post smileys and such a first. I preview my post and then am able to add emotions.

Not upset at all...but no posting on this Saturday because you know what we all will be doing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a great day!
Nuccia
inejenn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by inejenn »

Ha!! Now I am finding out the secrets of this site!!! So here goes with the emoticons!!! :D :lol: :wink: Thank you!!! :D :D :D