Paulucci family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Re: Paulucci family

Post by Marisa6 »

Now if Italy can just do the same....
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Italy better do the same!!!!

I'm living for this weekend since I will be able to go out and walk along the celebration...People will be **SPAM** Italian food and drinks and there will music and dancing..I love these parties and am hoping Maria finds a chance to pop by too with her kids.

email me at nuccia.salvati@gmail.com and we can chat....

Hugs
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

nuccia wrote:Way to go England!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nuccia :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
inejenn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by inejenn »

Oh dear am I forgiven for not watching football on Saturday!!!!! I have been away (escaping!!!) and only just checked back on here. I am sure you all had a wonderful weekend and thanks for thinking of me and my research when you had better things to do!!!

Now to answer those queries - my grandmother used to pronounce the name Paulucci with a soft "c" as "Paulucey". I have sent for a copy of Pietro's marriage certificate but have not yet received that so will update you when it arrives. The information from the Holbeach census is interesting as my great grandfather Thomas Paulucci seemed to disapper from the censuses between 1871 and 1891 and I am sure this is due to the spellings, so now I can check on these.

Many many thanks to you all! I am so proud of my tiny drop of Italian blood, especially when it links me with such kind people! :)

And now - I hate to ask - but who won on Saturday!!!! :oops:
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Italy and USA tied....it was not a very good game I'm afraid. :(

I don't think Italy played to its full potential... :oops:

OH well...maybe they'll do better in the next match against the Czech's!

Nuccia
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Hmm - this isn't him here is it?

1881 census
Arthur Paulucci Barnsley, Yorkshire, England Son Barnsley Yorkshire
Frances Paulucci abt 1812 Burton Overe, Leicestershire, England Mother Barnsley Yorkshire
Kate Adeline Paulucci abt 1875 Penistone, Yorkshire, England Daughter Barnsley Yorkshire
Rose Paulucci abt 1878 Barnsley, Yorkshire, England Daughter Barnsley Yorkshire
Sarah Ann Paulucci abt 1852 Holbeach, Yorkshire, England Wife Barnsley Yorkshire
Thos. Paulucci abt 1849 Bourne, Lincoln, England Head Barnsley Yorkshire

Marisa xx

PS - Italy certainly haven't been playing to their potential. i wish they would hurry up and wake up. Big day for England tomorrow. They will find out if they are likely to face Germany in the next round. that always gets the commentators going!
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
inejenn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by inejenn »

Thanks for the info from 1881 Marisa, I must have got the dates wrong as I already have this. Thomas was my great grandfather, and I have found him on this census and on one of the earlier ones, but then he disappeared for 20 years (without looking at my records I am not sure when, and I am not at my desk at the moment). He must have lived in either Bourne or Barnsley at these times so when I get time I am going to check the areas rather than the names.

Also thanks for the update on the football!!!
bmcmaster

Post by bmcmaster »

I am descended from Pietro Paulucci (born 1760 Italy, died 1855 England) through his son James Henry Paulucci (who came to Canada). In a copy of a biographical record of James' son Joseph (from kenton, ohio) it reads "The Paulucci family is of Italian lineage, its members for many generations having been among the most prominent and honorable citizens of that country. Longevity has been a noted characteristic of the family; and not only that, but its members have been conspicuous for retaining their mental and physical powers until very advanced years. Almost without exception, they have been men of powerful physique and commanding appearance. Many of that name were officers in the army, and our subject (Joseph Paulucci) is the descendant, in the fourth generation, of the Commander-in-Chief of the Italian army.

To me that would say that Pietro's father or grandfather was commander-in-chief of the Italian army (Pietro-James-Joseph)

Would be interested if you have found out anything more re: Pietro and his lineage. Thanks.
Phillofts

Post by Phillofts »

I am related to Thomas Paulucci through his daughter, Rose Paulucci (born 1878). Rose was my great grandmother. I would be obliged if anyone could tell me who was the father of Thomas (born 1849 died 1900).

It might be useful to note that Holbeach, where Sarah Ann Paulucci was born is in Linclnshire, not Yorkshire. It is quite near to Bourne where Thomas Paulucci was born.

Phillo
inejenn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by inejenn »

We are related! My Grandma, Alice Paulucci, was the sister of Rose. I will send you a private message with my e mail. Jennifer
bodza

Post by bodza »

Hi my names april im looking into my family tree the paulucci's im trying to find out where pietro paulucci came from in italy. My great grandma was Mary Ann Paulucci. i would be greatful for any help many thanks
sherellehawes

Post by sherellehawes »

Hi I too am related to Petro Paulucci and I am descended from Johns line I was under the impression he was an Image maker and came to York to work on the Minster as there was a large influx at that time period. On Peter's Marriage certificate he says his father is called Benjamin and He was a farmer, In Italy I guess. The posts are very interesting has any one come up with any further information. Thanks Sherelle :D