Broggio/Favarini roots

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
YuriLaszlo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jun 2006, 00:00
Location: Praia Grande, Brazil

Broggio/Favarini roots

Postby YuriLaszlo » 12 Jun 2006, 05:28

I am trying to find the roots of my family.

My grand-grandmother was Erminia Favarini from Padova, came to Brazil in 1910-1920, and met my Grand-grandtfather Joao Batista Broggio (my family says he came from the region of Calabria, between 1900-1920).

I tried each genealogysite that i found, but none of then gave me answers.

I need help!
I am looking for my rots for almost 2 years, and couldnot fin anithing!!!

Please, help-me!

Thank you,

Yuri Laszlo Broggio Silva

User avatar
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2109
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Broggio/Favarini roots

Postby jcsm400 » 12 Jun 2006, 06:38

Hi Yuri,

Several others researching Italians to Brazil have found this site interesting. It's for arrivals prior to 1907, so you can't find your ancestors' arrivals, but it may contain information where you can locate their arrival records. Here in the States, the ship manifest is a good source for locating town of origin in Italy.


lhttp://www.memorialdoimigrante.sp.gov.br/

You need town of origin to trace your ancestors' in Italy, since all records are kept at the town level

Other places to obtain town of origin: church records, birth records for their children, & death records for Erminia & Joao.

Hope this helps a little!

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.

User avatar
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2109
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Broggio/Favarini roots

Postby jcsm400 » 12 Jun 2006, 09:19

Hi again,

I also found a book that may help with the immigration information.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

Let us know how your reseacrh goes!

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12490
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Broggio/Favarini roots

Postby suanj » 12 Jun 2006, 18:32

YuriLaszlo wrote:I am trying to find the roots of my family.

My grand-grandmother was Erminia Favarini from Padova, came to Brazil in 1910-1920, and met my Grand-grandtfather Joao Batista Broggio (my family says he came from the region of Calabria, between 1900-1920).

I tried each genealogysite that i found, but none of then gave me answers.

I need help!
I am looking for my rots for almost 2 years, and couldnot fin anithing!!!

Please, help-me!

Thank you,

Yuri Laszlo Broggio Silva

you must ask the processo para casamento in the archive of your city/hall or cartorio, I don't know with precision, but in the processo para casamento sure are the birthplaces and relative's names.. regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12490
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Broggio/Favarini roots

Postby suanj » 12 Jun 2006, 18:43

YuriLaszlo wrote:I am trying to find the roots of my family.

My grand-grandmother was Erminia Favarini from Padova, came to Brazil in 1910-1920, and met my Grand-grandtfather Joao Batista Broggio (my family says he came from the region of Calabria, between 1900-1920).

I tried each genealogysite that i found, but none of then gave me answers.

I need help!
I am looking for my rots for almost 2 years, and couldnot fin anithing!!!

Please, help-me!

Thank you,

Yuri Laszlo Broggio Silva


Broggio is no a calabrian surname (in Calabria exist the surname: Brogno), but is a surname of north Italy... most probably Giovan Battista Broggio came of same italian part of Erminia Favarini... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
YuriLaszlo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jun 2006, 00:00
Location: Praia Grande, Brazil

Re: Broggio/Favarini roots

Postby YuriLaszlo » 13 Jun 2006, 04:19

jcsm400 wrote:Hi again,

I also found a book that may help with the immigration information.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

Let us know how your reseacrh goes!

jcsm


Thank you for the help!
But I feel that finding my ancestors will be a tough one.



suanj wrote:you must ask the processo para casamento in the archive of your city/hall or cartorio, I don't know with precision, but in the processo para casamento sure are the birthplaces and relative's names.. regards, suanj


I looked for those things. But, it's a bit dificult to know exactly.
Because my Grandparents married in a farm cartorio (my grandgrandfather was the administrator of that farm). Their marriage certifycate disappeared, and, the only document that can proove they existed it's my grandfather birth certifycate, that was wrote wrong. In his birth certyfycate, the name of his father is "Joao Batista", without the Broggio. And, it doesn't shows my grandfather's grandparents name.
Erminia had 10 sons. Today, are alive 3. Each one tells a different storie about where my grandgrandparents left the ship, so it is a complicated quest find where are my ancestors documents.

Detail: Erminia never learned portuguese, and my grandparents never understood italian, so no one knows what she spoke of her live.

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12490
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Broggio/Favarini roots

Postby suanj » 13 Jun 2006, 10:34

Eugenia (who... ???) or Erminia..........???
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
YuriLaszlo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jun 2006, 00:00
Location: Praia Grande, Brazil

Re: Broggio/Favarini roots

Postby YuriLaszlo » 14 Jun 2006, 05:23

suanj wrote:Eugenia (who... ???) or Erminia..........???
suanj
[align=center]


Sorry, it is Erminia. I was too tired to check the names... :oops:

User avatar
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4601
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Broggio/Favarini roots

Postby nuccia » 14 Jun 2006, 06:59

Hi Suanj and YuriLaszlo,

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but aren't the first names Erminia and Eugenia more common in southern Italy? I only ask because as you know suanj, my name is Erminia and I was told that it is southern (with perhaps a Greek influence ?)

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Image
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12490
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Broggio/Favarini roots

Postby suanj » 14 Jun 2006, 11:16

nuccia wrote:Hi Suanj and YuriLaszlo,

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but aren't the first names Erminia and Eugenia more common in southern Italy? I only ask because as you know suanj, my name is Erminia and I was told that it is southern (with perhaps a Greek influence ?)

Nuccia

Hi Nuccia, Erminia name coming from latin word IRMIN/ Erminius that mean armenian in sense of great/large/big and powerful...

yes more persons in south Italy are so named, more used in female version.. kisses, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4601
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Broggio/Favarini roots

Postby nuccia » 14 Jun 2006, 20:45

suanj wrote:
nuccia wrote:Hi Suanj and YuriLaszlo,

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but aren't the first names Erminia and Eugenia more common in southern Italy? I only ask because as you know suanj, my name is Erminia and I was told that it is southern (with perhaps a Greek influence ?)

Nuccia

Hi Nuccia, Erminia name coming from latin word IRMIN/ Erminius that mean armenian in sense of great/large/big and powerful...

yes more persons in south Italy are so named, more used in female version.. kisses, suanj


Thanks suanj,

I especially like "great/large/big and powerful!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll have to remind my husband about that one. :D

Hugs
Nuccia

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12490
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Broggio/Favarini roots

Postby suanj » 15 Jun 2006, 01:48

:lol: eheheh Nuccia, your husband must to think better about you! kisses, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH


Return to “Italian Genealogy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], dupon and 5 guests