grandfather Caivano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

grandfather Caivano

Postby scorpione » 23 Jun 2006, 09:19

I hope that I am not wearing out my welcome by somewhat repeating an earlier question,but my grandfather Caivano's heritage is my major interest. As I mentioned before, I have been able to find most of his family back thru 1803. I cannot,however ,find his sister Pasqualina or Grandpa Francesco himself. He was born in 1889 and I was pretty sure in Formicola or Pontelatone. That is where I found his father Guiseppe born about 1861 and grandpa's brother Luigi born there in 1898.My question is why can't I find records of his and Pasqualina's birth etc'The LDS records (Stato Civile) showed me his father ,brother etc. Could grandpa's records be lost? Or should I assume he and Pasqualina were born somewhere else? As`I lived all my life with him until he died in New`York in 1965, I was very close to him and my memories of him are special. Since many read my prior posting but none were able to respond I am assuming that everybody has had trouble finding him in Pontelatone or Formicola.I would be very greatful for any help before making another trip to the area some time next year.His mother was Rosa Simone Caivano of Pontelatone.

Re: grandfather Caivano

Postby wldspirit » 23 Jun 2006, 10:36

Forgive me if I have misunderstood......but there is no way for anyone here to locate records on him in his place of birth. It is possible for his town of origin to be identified by manifest, naturalization or some other US document which he himself would have had to have filled out. But no one can say for certain wether that town has record of him. Your only option is microfilm and writing to the town itself......failing that, you could check surrounding comunes.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”