More info needed

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
hgej

More info needed

Postby hgej » 25 Jun 2006, 04:51

I have some more info about my father's family

My dad Jorge Humberto Bocallini's dad was Eugenio Humberto Isaias Bocallini he worked as a station master in Rocha URUGUAY, he died 10 April 1971. He was married to Stefania Joaquina Barboza (Barbosa she changed it to "z") she passed away in 2000. My great grandfather was Eugenio Bocallini and he was married to Nicasia Garcia. They had 2 children Julia Maria and Eugenio. They came from Italy by boat. So if anyone has info on how to obtain records from before this period that would be great.

My dad's mum's parents were Zenon Justo Barbosa and Maria Nicasia Porta.

Thank you to anyone who has some info or can help me get further in my search! :D

jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: More info needed

Postby jcsm400 » 25 Jun 2006, 09:05

Does any for the records that you have on the Bocallini family show the town of origin in Italy? eg. His death certificate from 1917?

And/or the town for your grandmother, Stefania Barbosa? eg. Her death certificate?

You need to know the Italian town of origin to trace the familes in Italy, since the vital records are kept at the town level.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”