looking for information about my Ciaffoni family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jenbrown

looking for information about my Ciaffoni family

Postby jenbrown » 27 Jun 2006, 06:51

my name is Jennifer and I am looking for information regarding my great grandfathers family. They are from Torano Nuovo, Italy. His name was Pietro Ciaffoni born on June 29 1898. His fathers name was guiseppe and is mother was Dominica Diemibio ( not sure if that is spelled right) if any one can help i would be great full.

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: looking for information about my Ciaffoni family

Postby nuccia » 27 Jun 2006, 07:31

Is this your greatgrandfather?

Social Security Death Index Recordinfo
about Peter Ciaffoni
Name: Peter Ciaffoni
SSN: 176-36-7253
Last Residence: 15317 Canonsburg, Washington, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Born: 29 Jun 1898
Died: Oct 1970
State (Year) SSN issued: Pennsylvania (1962 )

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Postby nuccia » 27 Jun 2006, 07:40

Could you provide us with more info like name of spouse, children and siblings?

Are you looking for info in the US or Italy?

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 27 Jun 2006, 11:12

jenbrown wrote:my name is Jennifer and I am looking for information regarding my great grandfathers family. They are from Torano Nuovo, Italy. His name was Pietro Ciaffoni born on June 29 1898. His fathers name was guiseppe and is mother was Dominica Diemibio ( not sure if that is spelled right) if any one can help i would be great full.

Pietro Filomeno CIAFFONI (complete name) came in USA in 1914, coming from Torano Nuovo, Giuseppe father in Torano nuovo and joining Annibale brother

ship's manifest
pag 1

pag 2

For further infos you can obtain by LDS microfilms :
Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1899 Torano Nuovo (Teramo). Ufficio dello stato civile
and for all certificates that you need , you can request it by email

servizidemografici @ torano.it NO SPACES or
by fax + 39 0861 810135 or by normal mail:
Servizi Demografici
C.so Umberto I
64010 Torano Nuovo (TE)
ITALY
--------- regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

jenbrown

Postby jenbrown » 28 Jun 2006, 03:31

yes he is my great grandfather(pietro) he was born in Italy and came to america in 1914. he passed away in 1970. I know he had 2 brothers paul Ciaffoni and Louis Chaffon( he changed his spelling when he came to america) and two sisters Pedina and Lucy Ciaffoni. I am interested in finding out about my great great grandparents from Italy. All I know about them is what i wrote before. My grand father never met them and does not know much about them.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 28 Jun 2006, 06:29

The Lds has microfilmed your town of origin, you are very fortunate to have this resource.
Suanj provided you with the microfilm and where to write directly for certificates...........
request must be made in Italian, if you need to, you can use one of the form letters at the following link.

http://www.circolocalabrese.org./resour ... /index.asp

wldspirit

jenbrown

Postby jenbrown » 28 Jun 2006, 07:11

thank you all for the information given so far. I had no idea how to get copies of birth records from there.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 28 Jun 2006, 07:23

Your very welcome.......civil records only go back so far, then you would need to consult parish records. Suanj could give more detailed info on this than I.......if you need any clarification then post, and one of the helpful persons on this forum will reply.

Another member has written an excellent outline for using microfilm
as written below.
wldspirit

Hi Everyone,

I want to explain the proper way of obtaining microfilm from a Family History Center (aka – Latter Day Saints)

1. You go to www.familysearch.org/E...t_fhlc.asp and click on place search and type in the town you are looking for. Click the word search.

2. A list of the results will show up. (Remember there can be more than one town especial with a Saint’s name – ex: Santa Caterina dello Ionio and Santa Caterina Albanese).

3. Click on the link. A new page will appear where it will state (Name of Town) and Civil Registration.

4. Click on that link and a new page will appear which states “Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1910â€Â

rbnkell

Postby rbnkell » 05 Nov 2009, 23:57

wow! I found this post with a google search. Paul Ciaffoni is my great-grandfather! My mother and grandmother (paul's daughter) are on a similar mission to reconnect with our roots.
rk

Return to “Italian Genealogy”