Gambino surname--what it means?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
GreggambinoPA62

Gambino surname--what it means?

Postby GreggambinoPA62 » 27 Jun 2006, 08:33

Hello, I was wondering what my family last name means. My brother told me Gambino means "big heart" but he has no proof. Would anyone know the name’s meaning or of a place where I could find out. My grandfather was from Sicily.

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Gambino surname--what it means?

Postby ricbru » 27 Jun 2006, 11:32

Hello,
here there is some infos:

GAMBINA GAMBINI GAMBINO Gambina, enough rare, is of Trapani area, Gambini is diffused in the areas of Emilia, Tuscany, Marches, Umbria and Lazio, Gambino would typically seem sicilian, but it introduces stocks also in the Genova area, in Piemonte, in Campania and in the northern Puglia, all would have to derive from nicknames originate from the physical characteristic of having of the short legs, traces of this use since find to Palermo 1300 with a sure Gambinus de Thetis and, in the town of Asti some actions given 1305 to you are written up from notary public Astexanus Gambinus.

i Hope it helps, bye Riccardo

GreggambinoPA62

Postby GreggambinoPA62 » 27 Jun 2006, 20:03

ricbru wrote:Hello,
here there is some infos

GAMBINA GAMBINI GAMBINO Gambina, enough rare, is of Trapani area, Gambini is diffused in the areas of Emilia, Tuscany, Marches, Umbria and Lazio, Gambino would typically seem sicilian, but it introduces stocks also in the Genova area, in Piemonte, in Campania and in the northern Puglia, all would have to derive from nicknames originate from the physical characteristic of having of the short legs, traces of this use since find to Palermo 1300 with a sure Gambinus de Thetis and, in the town of Asti some actions given 1305 to you are written up from notary public Astexanus Gambinus.

Riccardo,
This is very good, and interesting as well. Thank you.
Greg

kepi
Rookie
Rookie

Postby kepi » 27 Jun 2006, 20:27

is a tipic surname of the Trapani Area, in Castelvetrano city and towns near it ( Sicily)

trevisan2
Elite
Elite

Postby trevisan2 » 28 Jun 2006, 10:30

Gambino is the cosa nostra . . . now I'll get wacked

Gambino crime family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gambino crime family. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Contents. History of the Gambino crime family. Origins ... The Gambino Crime Family is one of the "Five Families" that controls organized crime activities based in New ... The origins of the Gambino family can be traced back to the

www.gambino.com

Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provience of Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO

Surnames Melchiori of Oderzo, TV, Vendrame of TV, Rossi of Rai di San Polo, Bonotto of TV.

kepi
Rookie
Rookie

Postby kepi » 28 Jun 2006, 13:26

COSA NOSTRA

trevisan2 wrote:Gambino is the casa nostra . . . now I'll get wacked

Gambino crime family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gambino crime family. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Contents. History of the Gambino crime family. Origins ... The Gambino Crime Family is one of the "Five Families" that controls organized crime activities based in New ... The origins of the Gambino family can be traced back to the

www.gambino.com

Regards,
Trevisan2

cesaregomix

Postby cesaregomix » 06 Mar 2011, 01:00

Hello, how are u, i hope u helpme, i m cesar gambini,

i browser the originate of my surname, GAMBINI,
I Browse the Gambini of GENOVA, exactly two brothers her names is
Lorenzo Giuseppe y Giovanni Gambini, in the year 1820 the two brothers travel to Perú - Ancash,

i dont know where browser thiss

thank u soo much for your help,

sorry for my bad english,

thanks

my email is cesaregomix2@hotmail.com

ricbru wrote:Hello,
here there is some infos:

Return to “Italian Genealogy”