Family in Ascoli Piceno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Qiuitaly

Family in Ascoli Piceno

Postby Qiuitaly » 05 Jul 2006, 12:57

Greets to All:

I'm fairly new to Italian Geneology. I'm trying to locate an obituary for one who passed away approximately 3 years ago.
The question I have is:

Do I write to the Town Officals, a local newspaper, Archdiosese or the library for the copy of the obituary since their death is more recent?

This person was also a Priest and grew up in Offida or Maltignano. It's difficult to communicate with any of the relatives because of the language barrier. This particular person has not ever been to the US so it seems all my information has to come directly from Italy. Unfortunately, my Italian is not that well either. : ) Thankfully, I went through the forums and found some more links to look through in hopes of finding an address to write to.

Also, how much money would be appropriate to send along with the request? I do have Euro currency, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or input. It is most appreciated.

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Family in Ascoli Piceno

Postby ricbru » 05 Jul 2006, 14:20

Hello,
since the obituary in the newspaper in Italy costs a lot of money, no all the people put obituary of relative on the newspaper.
What kind of information do you want to get from the obituary?
If you want to know his parents names, just request to the civil record office where he was born his birth certificate, or if you want to know the name of his brothers and sister request to the same office the historical family certificate, or if you want to know his date of death, request a death certificate.
I hope it helps,bye Riccardo

Qiuitaly

Postby Qiuitaly » 05 Jul 2006, 23:26

Hi Riccardo:

Thank you for your reply. I will look into doing that as well, sending for his Birth Certificate. I hope it works out because I only have his mother's name, not his father's. Thank you again.

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 06 Jul 2006, 00:42

Hello,
I suggest you to write the request in Italian, and specify you want to know his parents names, otherwise the civil record office is going to give you a simple birth certificate stating name, date and place of birth (or also request a integral photocopy of birth act)
bye Riccardo

Qiuitaly

Postby Qiuitaly » 06 Jul 2006, 08:55

Thank you Riccardo. You've been very kind.
I have intentions on writing in Italian because I understand they respond better to requests in Italian language. I hope I learn enough to give back to this community as much as you've helped so far.
I've not had any success in finding an address in Offida to write to for my request. Would it be best to find an address in Ascoli even tho he (relative) was from Offida?
I have intentions of emailing an administrator in Offida I found online to get a mailing address. Would it be okay to ask someone here to translate a letter for me? Thank you again. :)

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Postby nuccia » 06 Jul 2006, 12:39

Hi Again, Qiuitaly,

Several of our members are able to translate letters for you..post it and see what happens! You may want to post in our Italian language, handwriting , script & translations section.

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 08 Jul 2006, 02:25

Qiuitaly wrote:Thank you Riccardo. You've been very kind.
I have intentions on writing in Italian because I understand they respond better to requests in Italian language. I hope I learn enough to give back to this community as much as you've helped so far.
I've not had any success in finding an address in Offida to write to for my request. Would it be best to find an address in Ascoli even tho he (relative) was from Offida?
I have intentions of emailing an administrator in Offida I found online to get a mailing address. Would it be okay to ask someone here to translate a letter for me? Thank you again. :)

This is Offida civil record office address

Comune
Ufficio di Stato civile
C.so Serpente Aureo, 66 -
63035 Offida (AP)
Italy

info@comune.offida.ap.it

bye Riccardo

Qiuitaly

Postby Qiuitaly » 08 Jul 2006, 05:00

:P grazie molto! I have saved the address to my records. Thank you again as I was having difficulty navigating their site.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”