Barile surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Barile surname

Postby harleygirl_tn » 11 Jul 2006, 11:58

Hi, I am trying to locate my maternal great grandfather's family and have hit numerous brick walls. His name was Daniel Donato Barile, born around 1895 in Mazzano, Italy, close to Borgo a Buggiano. He married in Italty to a lady named Caterina Coreglia, may be misspelled, she was the daughter of a baker, they had one child, Mary. His family was said to have vineyards and also grew olives for resale but not sure where in Italy. My gr grandfather came to America around 1914 first to New York then to Chicago and he lived there till his death in 1962-1964. He married/lived with my great grandmother Louise and they had numerous children. Any help with the Barile name would greatly be appreciated.

Re: Barile surname

Postby jcsm400 » 11 Jul 2006, 13:03

I found this at Ancestry's "One World Tree." These are submitted family trees. Could this be him? Birth year is way off, but all else ok.

Daniel Donato Barile
B. 10/24/1874 Naples, Italy
d. 10/23/1962 Chicago, IL
Spouse: Louise

And a possible census.

1930 Chicago, Cook, IL
Surname: Barile
Daniel-head-45 Italy-rents home-married @ 29 (?)-immig. 1914-NA-occu:laborer in factory
Louise-wife-24 IL-married @ 21
Mary-daughter-15 Italy-immaried 1914-NA
Bernice-4 IL
Josephine- 2 1/12 IL
Margaret- 1 4/12 IL

I'm having trouble with ImageShack. Someone will post a link to the census image soon.

Let us know, if this is the correct family.

:) jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.

Postby nuccia » 11 Jul 2006, 13:23

Nonna J,

Yes, imageshack was acting up yesterday. If harleygirl_tn can confirm it may be her family then I will post the census when I get in from work this morning. I'm running late right usual!

Have a great day!

nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

Postby wldspirit » 11 Jul 2006, 19:12

I have searched several databases........Borgo A Buggiano is in the Province of Pistoia, Tuscany Region.

There are four possibilities for Mazzano, none of which are in the Tuscany Region, but in the regions of Lazio, Abruzzo, Lombardia and Veneto.......not what I would consider close.

If any records are to be obtained from Italy, the exact location is vital.

Need clarification here........ :?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”