Need help with Ancestry.com please

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Emmy
Master
Master

Re: Need help with Ancestry.com please

Post by Emmy »

Hi Nuccia
I only wish I could help you like how everyone has helped me, but I'm sure all the others will help you too.
Hope you have lots of success with your research.
I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I was talking to my grand-daughter tonight and she was so excited to be packing her case and she's counting the days- only 2 more days.!! Then it will be lots of hugs and kisses.
So I probably wont be at the FHC or online much while they are here. They will be moving to their new home/business at the end of August. Once they get their web site set up I'll let you know.
Take care
Love and Hugs xx
God Bless
Emmy
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Don't worry Emmy,

We'll be here when you get back...and we look forward to the new website...

Enjoy their stay and remember to tell them

Forza Italia for us!! :wink:

Nuccia :lol: :lol:
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Everyone
Family had a lovely holiday and are away back to France now to prepare for their move to their new home in the Dordogne. My home is so quiet now.
I spent yesterday going over all the information you found for me just in case I had missed anything.
I found out today that Tommas's daughter Maria Cristina married Antonio Ciccone in London in September 1903 and they had a daughter Elizabeth Mary born in London, June 1904 (The area of London matches) I have 'phoned today and ordered a copy of their marriage certificate. I was told this would give me Cristina and Antonios fathers names but not their mothers names and it will also have the address where they were living at that time, so this will definately confirm if we have the correct family. But I am already convinced about that.
There is no record of Benedetta being born in England, so this must mean they went back to Italy in 1904. Pity I cant check for her birth in Italy because the films dont go up to that year.
I'm hoping to go back to the FHC tomorrow to check a death act I found for Giovanni Antonio Difilippis (I posted this on the translation forum).
(My daughter didnt think the surname of the Christine who worked with her was the same spelling and she didnt have the relevant paper work with her to confirm this, so she will check it out when she gets back to France, then I'll write to Christine.) I still havent had any replies to the letters I sent to Michigan and Italy. Do you think it's worth while writing to the priest again and this time asking him for a copy of Benedetta's birth Act and just adding that I haven't received a reply to my first request? :roll: :lol:
Thanks again
Love to all
God Bless
Emmy
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cerg »

Hello Emmy,

My name is Kristina! I was reading through your posts and I see that at one time you needed to view a obit at a library but you had to be michigan resident to join the site. Well I live in Michigan if you still need help with that. Just go ahead and sent me a link to the site and I will check it out for you! Let me know if I can help!!

Regards,
Kristina
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Emmy,

So glad you had a wonderful time with your grandchildren, daughter & husband. Know how you feel about the "noise" level in a home.....so different when there is children around......Remember the days when peolpe believed that "kids should be seen, but not heard.".......My gandmother believed this, but thankfully not my mom.

As for 1904 birth act for Benedetta, try writing to the civil records office.

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Sant'Elia Fumerapido
03049 SANT"ELIA FUMERAPIDO (FR)
ITALY

To be in Italian & include self addressed return envelope, copy of photo ID (if you have one), and an international reply coupon (obtain from your post office-it covers the return postage).

Hope this helps.

nonna j
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Kristina
That is very kind of you offering to help. I still haven't had a reply from the library (I sent an email).and I would be very grateful if you could look it up for me.

From the newspaper I contacted they told me that the obituaries and death notices earlier than 2001 are managed by the Detroit Public Libraryand they have microfiche going back to 1831 I dont have a link to give you but I just typed in www.Detroit Public Library and did a search and it came up. The director for the main library is a Margaret Bruni
The other link they gave me was the Free Press Library.
The obituary I'm trying to trace is for a Nicholas V Ciccone born 15th June 1920 and died 11th August 1993: lived at Sterling Heights, Macomb MI.

Many thanks again for offering to help.
God Bless
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Nonna J.
I have written there before but didnt get an answer but I will try again for Benedetta's birth act. Woud I need to send any money to cover the cost of the Birth Act or is the reply coupon enough?
God Bless
Emmy

I found what could be Antonio Ciccone birth Act today but the writing of the surname is difficult to make out, also on this birth act it has a record of the death too. It seems This Antonio died in Sant'Elia age 92 that is if I've read it correctly. So if it is the same one he must have gone back to Italy. Have tried searching for a death for him in Michigan but nothing has come up so far. Will post this info. once I've had a chance to go over it again and once get the marriage certificate.
Emmy
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi Emmy!

Glad you had fun with your family. Noticed you were signed into googletalk a few times..I assumed the grandkids were on your computer...?

The heat has been terrible here too although tonday is nice and cool. Trying to catch up on all my paperwork and not being successful...so much for my vacation!!

Will talk to you soon!

nuccia :D
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Nuccia
You guess was almost correct, it was my son-in-law who was mostly on the computer trying to get all the finer details of their forthcoming move sorted out, and the grandchildren too, 'Granny' took a back seat, didnt like to show the children just how I could mess things up when I sit down at the computer. :lol: . I signed in a few times just to read some posts but the time they were here was so short and passed so quickly I cut my time on the computer down to the minimum.
Catch up with you soon
God Bless
Love xx
Emmy
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cerg »

Hey Emmy,

I will check it out and see waht I can find! I will let you know as soon as I find something!

Kristina
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Emma,
Just send the IRC, no money.
Talk to you soon.
nonna j
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cerg »

Emmy,

I did find a genealogy society that will get the record for you for 5.00 I will send you a link to that site if you want. I did not have any luck finding the record on the site you had talked about, if you would like to go back to that site and find where it is the link it to me I will be happy to help you!

Kristina
rvendegna

Post by rvendegna »

What kind of help do you need with ancestry.com
ralph
Ralph Vendegna
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Ralph
Many thanks for offering help with ancestry.
The first thing I was wanting to find out has already been covered and all my friends here they found loads of information for me. The latest thing I tried to look up was the marriage certificate for Maria Christina Defilippis and Antonio Ciccone but all I could get was the month and the year they married and Ancestry didnt seem to give the option to view the actual marriage certificate which would give me the address where they lived and the names of the parents. They were married in September 1903 in London. I have sent off to get a copy of the certificate.
Maybe you could tell me if you take out a subscription with Ancestry can you view the actual certificates and download them or do you need to buy extra credits to do this?
Very Many Thanks again for your offer that was very kind of you.
God Bless
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Kristina
Many thanks for trying the library. Perhaps the 'notice' that jcsm posted to me was the only thing available about Nicholas' death. I thought if there had been an obituary it may have given the names of his family.
I went back into the Library site and I couldnt find the link to where it told you how to access the library records. I will try again to find it.

Thanks for giving up your time to help me its very much appreciated
God Bless
Emmy