Russo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Vincenza
Rookie
Rookie

Russo

Post by Vincenza »

My name is Vincenza (Pellerito) Maola I’m searching for information on my grandparents and great-grandparents who lived in the cities of Carini and Terrasini, Palermo, Sicily, Italy.

Francesca Russo Family

Antonio Pellerito born 1939 married on August 1969 to Francesca Russo 1947.
Francesca Russo parents were Vincenzo Russo born on 1904 and Anna Candela born on 1908 in Carini, Palermo, Sicily, They had 9 children Filippa, Rosalia, Antonio, Anna, Giuseppa, Pierina, Vincenzo, Francesca, Giovanni Russo.

Vincenzo Russo parents were Filippa LoCricchio and Vincenzo Russo.
They had 5 children Guiseppe, Giovanni, Francesco, Vincenzo, Vincenza Russo.

If anyone is related to, knows someone related to, or has information regarding the individuals mentioned above; I would very much appreciate hearing from you. My e-mail is VincenzaM70@Hotmail.com
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: Russo

Post by JamesBianco »

Vincenza wrote:Vincenzo Russo parents were Filippa LoCricchio and Vincenzo Russo.
They had 5 children Guiseppe, Giovanni, Francesco, Vincenzo, Vincenza Russo.
I may be able to help you with this one at least...

Could Lo Cricchio be possibly Lo Chirco (aka Lo Chirico)?

Here is an 1892 Church (in Latin naturally) marriage for a Vincenzo Russo to Filippa Lo Chirco..

what makes this even more plausable is that the father's names are Giovanni & Giuseppe, which works well with the Italian naming tradition and the children's names you posted above. Also as a side note, there is not a marriage 1884-1905 for a Vincenzo Russo to a Filippa Lo Cricchio in Carini.

19 September 1892
Maria Santissima (The mother church) of Carini
Vincenzo Russo, son of Giovanni Russo & Vincenza Bellivigni
married
Filippa Lo Chirco / Lo Chirico, daughter of Giuseppe & Maddalena Taormina

The image comes from my Carini site: The Carini Exchange which hosts all of the church marriages 1568-1905 Baptisms 1566-1683, many early Census (Riveli) and Marriage extractions. We also have two Carini research forums to help in your search, which I can assure you (at least with Taormina) will take you back into the 1500's. If you could find Anna Candela's parents and get back before 1905 her line should be a breeze to trace as well.

If you need any further help drop a message here or here and one of us will do whatever we can to help.

Best of luck!

Jim Bianco
Vincenza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vincenza »

All this is correct. A cousin that I just found Angelina Candela found the same certificate last week.
Also Anna Candela parents were Antonio Candela and Rosalia Lo Cricchio. Are you able to find some infrmation on my family.? I can't reading Latin at all.

thanks for you help
Bye Vincenza
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

Unfortunately my site only contains marriages to the year 1905. I do have the index to the 1905-1910 Marriages which show:

Antonino Candela to Rosalia Lo Crichio on page 283

I suppose I need to copy and upload that book eventually, but for now it is my intent to get the earliest records first. The 1530-1566 film just arrived and I have much work to do with it.

Also remember that in Sicily there is no AntoNIO, but rather AntoNINO.

If you need help getting backward on Russo/Lo Chirico, I would be more than happy to research it for you. The site is completely a hobby, I neither charge nor accept donations.

Let me know :)

Jim
miguelgio46

Post by miguelgio46 »

Hi. My name is Miguel GIORDANO. This is my first entry to this forum and have no idea how it works. I am from URUGUAY and searching for my grand grand father place of birth in Itali (the exact comuni), in order to request his birth certificate. You know.
My Grand Grand father´s name is DOMENICO GIORANO. He was born between 1835 and 1837 and emigrate to URUGUAY. His wife was María Teresa CITRO. He was a mason who helped with the construction of a church in FLORIDA, URUGUAY, where the italian colony set a copy of SAINT CONO that was brought from Teggiano around the 1880s.
Please, any help will be very well received.
Thanks to all
Bye
Miguel