Lucca - Paulucci, Image Maker

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
inejenn
Rookie
Rookie

Lucca - Paulucci, Image Maker

Postby inejenn » 15 Jul 2006, 04:53

I have now found out that my ancestor Pietro Paulucci probably came to England from Lucca c1780 as an Image Maker. I would like to visit Lucca and see the museum there and also check any of the church records for Pietro. Can anyone offer any advice as to how I can check the church records? Also, does anyone have any up to date information on the emigration records at the museum of image makers? And lastly, can anyone give me more information of the work of an image maker? I have traced other descendants of Pietro and several of us are interested in visiting the area in order to do more research, therefore any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Lucca - Paulucci, Image Maker

Postby ricbru » 15 Jul 2006, 05:23

Hello,
I would like to tell you that all the church records before 1950's are all written in latin.
Those church records from 1700's and 1800's are written in latin old style, the ink is often faded, sometimes the church records are destroyed or lost or burned or swept away from the flood, or ruined by the time.
The only one who can really help you is the priest of the church you are going to visit, and sometimes he also has problems to read and translate what there is written on church records older than 220 years,
good luck in your research
bye Riccardo

Return to “Italian Genealogy”