Surname: Casparino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sahartung
Rookie
Rookie

Surname: Casparino

Postby sahartung » 23 Jul 2006, 09:49

Can you tell me what area of Italy the surname Casparino may be from? There are very few with that name in the US and I have very little information on my fathers ancestors. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Surname: Casparino

Postby wldspirit » 23 Jul 2006, 09:56

Using the current spelling shows it's presence in two regions, and very few at that.........Campania and Lombardia with less than ten persons.

If you can provide first names, known spouse and children, ages/birthdates, and where they located in the states, we may be able to locate records for you.
wldspirit

jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby jcsm400 » 23 Jul 2006, 10:00

With more specific information on your father's family, we maybe able to help.

Given names, years of birth, where & when they settled in the US?????

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 23 Jul 2006, 19:16

sahartung wrote:Can you tell me what area of Italy the surname Casparino may be from? There are very few with that name in the US and I have very little information on my fathers ancestors. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

perhaps is a mistaken version of Gasparino and, better, Gasparini... on ellis island are a Cesare Casparino from Pescopagano town, Potenza province, Basilicata region.. it is your ancestor? Regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Postby nuccia » 24 Jul 2006, 00:24

jcsm400 wrote:With more specific information on your father's family, we maybe able to help.

Given names, years of birth, where & when they settled in the US?????

jcsm

Looks like you and wldspirit posted at the same time! :lol: :lol:

Maria and I did this the other day so I removed my post becasuse I didn't want to duplicate the info , but then she removed her post so no info got posted at all! :oops: Its was really funny. We finally agreed she should post manifests, I would look for draft cards on that post...it worked great too.

We all do this all the time...we need to look of a solution..

Maria gave me a grood idea the other day...she usually writes all her info and then opens another window and checks to see if anyone else posted on that thread before she does. I tried this a few times this week and it seems to be helping me with not having to remove or edit my posts....besides, if someone has found manifests or census then the other person could be looking for something else.

What to you all think? Should we start a new topic and run a poll on how we can eliminate duplicate posts or leave it be? Since its everyone's forum, All ideas are welcomed.. :D :D :D

Nuccia :D

Return to “Italian Genealogy”