Gismondi and Buchignani searches

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gismondi

Gismondi and Buchignani searches

Postby gismondi » 31 Jul 2006, 20:08

I would like to know the ship in which my grandfather Rodolfo Gismondi, with my grandmother, Carmella Guerrieri, and two ancles, Mario and Spartaco came to Brazil, between 1880 and 1892. I searched all thak I know disponible in Internet, Ancestry.com, Genealogy.com and other database, without success.

Also, I am searching for the birth and death data of Marianna Buchignani, which born in Lucca, probably year 1855-1860.

Thank all of you very much in antecipation for the help.

Ronaldo
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

dantrainor

Re: Gismondi and Buchignani searches

Postby dantrainor » 18 Oct 2006, 23:08

Ronaldo,
My name is Daniel Gaetano DeGirolamo. I was born in Canada and have live here all of my 69 years. My mother's name is Marianna Buchignani and she was born in Lucca, Tuscany. However, the date of her birth does not place her in the era that you seek, since she was born in 1908. It is an interesting coincidence with the name and birthplace, however.
Having visited Lucca on two occasions and particularly the cemetery in
San Macario out of the city walls, I am aware that the name Buchignani is very common.
Good luck on your search.
As a postscript, my father's family, originally from the province of Napoli came to Canada from the area of San Paolo, Brazil.

gismondi

Re: Gismondi and Buchignani searches

Postby gismondi » 18 Oct 2006, 23:16

dantrainor wrote:Ronaldo,
My name is Daniel Gaetano DeGirolamo. I was born in Canada and have live here all of my 69 years. My mother's name is Marianna Buchignani and she was born in Lucca, Tuscany. However, the date of her birth does not place her in the era that you seek, since she was born in 1908. It is an interesting coincidence with the name and birthplace, however.
Having visited Lucca on two occasions and particularly the cemetery in
San Macario out of the city walls, I am aware that the name Buchignani is very common.
Good luck on your search.
As a postscript, my father's family, originally from the province of Napoli came to Canada from the area of San Paolo, Brazil.

Dear Daniel, many thanks for your message. It is, really, an interesting coincidence, due, I believe, to the fact that Buchignani is a common surname in that place.

All the best to you and your family.

Ronaldo

Return to “Italian Genealogy”