Eugenio Boccalini or Bocallini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
hgej

Eugenio Boccalini or Bocallini

Postby hgej » 18 Aug 2006, 06:35

I have posted a msg before about the surname Bocallini, but I believe the name was changed on ship records or orginally was Boccalini.

Eugenio Bocallini (Boccalini) my great grandfather was born in the north of Italy (unsure which region PARMA, ??) came out by boat to Brasil in 1898 lived in Rocha & San Carlos - Uruguay for most of his life before dying in the 1930's. I'm wondering if someone can tell me any information about family members with the same name. I'm having trouble getting information going back to early 1800's.

I've also been told that a Triano Boccalini (born in Loreto, 1556) was a philosopher. Where is Loreto and could there be any links??

Thankyou to all who help :)

hgej

Re: Eugenio Boccalini or Bocallini

Postby hgej » 18 Aug 2006, 07:30

Also Carolina and Pietro Boccalini are mentioned in ship records from Genova to Argentina. Has anyone got anymore records (from Italy primarily) that could help me piece the puzzle together? Both came out from Italy to South America around 1883-1899.
Gracias, Grazie, Thanks

jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby jcsm400 » 18 Aug 2006, 09:39

Hi Grazie,

Very few Italian records are online & accessible. Birth, marriage & death records are located in the town of origin (place event occurred). You must know the Italian town to do any research on your family. Here in the States, we obtain all US records that may contain the town of origin information: ship manifest, church records, death certificate, ss application. This probably applies to your research, so get all the records you can from Uruguay.

Hope this helps.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.

brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby brujaojos » 20 Aug 2006, 08:26

Hi there,

Some of the links below may help you with your research in South America.

I hope this helps,
Trish

The link below might help you find when your ancestors arrived. You have to register, but it's free. Click on the words "Find Your Roots", create a user name and password and then you can search for Brazil and Argentina

click here

This link has some helpful genealogy links about Argentina.
click here

Roots Web Message Boards
click here

Here are some websites that might be helpful with you trying to locate your ancestors.
click here

Geneagoly.com Forum on Brazil
click here

A few links about Brazil and genealogy
click here

Some of the links on this page might help.
clcik here

Sephardic Genealogy Resources
click here

Immigration Information
click here

Immigration site
click here

Cousin Connect Forum
click here

Naturalization Records in Brazil
click here
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum

veronicainsandiego

Postby veronicainsandiego » 18 Jan 2008, 08:35

Hi hgej! My name is Veronica Boccaloni. I am also trying to get information on my ancestors, knowing the last name was most probably defrmed at sometime. My father is from Argentina, as his father; however, he said his grandfather was Italian...I just started this and was wondering if we could perhaps get in touch. At this time, unfortunately, believe you might be able to help me more than I could help you. You can look up my thread http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =8501.html
Thanks and good luck! Veronica

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 18 Jan 2008, 16:55

Dear Veronica if you furnish me the surnames I can at least verify if they entered Argentina by last name only thru CEMLA in Buenos Aires and after we check it out wee can then slect the surname of choic e and ask about his file with the first names you may be able to provide. We can send either e-mail or a letter. =Peter=

veronicainsandiego

Postby veronicainsandiego » 19 Jan 2008, 06:44

Hi Peter, thank you! My dad's name is Hector Romeo Boccaloni, his father was Romeo Leandro Boccaloni (born in Argentina, I do not know where), and his father was Ricardo (or Riccardo) Boccaloni, who married Vicenta Castorino. My dad's mother was Clara Eduwiges Welcomme (born in Argentina, I do not know ehere either), whose father was Eduardo Welcomme and her mother was Brigita Zavaleta. My dad was born on January 26, 1927. My grandmother was 24 when he was born, but I do not know her birthdate, I am almost sure she was born in 1903. I know my grandfather was older; perhaps born in 1900 or 1899. Throughout I've been told the name was deformed, so I do not know what it could have been. My grandfaather had siblings, four I believe, but I only know these two names: Reynaldo & Noemi. Noemi,I think married a gentleman with the last name of Gonzalez, because my dad has a cousin named Golfredo, who had 5 children, who lived for a long time in Rio Cuarto, Argentina. I am trying to get in touch with one of my cousins Viviana, my dad's sister's (Lilian) daughter; perhaps she knows more. She lives in the province of Buenos Aires.
This is pretty much what I know. I would appreciate any help. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help in my search.
Veronica

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 19 Jan 2008, 15:26

here a Boccaloni that the father living in Rio Cuarto Argentina, maybe you can contact it: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Wine-1615/wi ... tina-1.htm
and another Boccaloni in Argentina
http://www.sicytar.secyt.gov.ar/busqued ... 0000698342
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

veronicainsandiego

Postby veronicainsandiego » 19 Jan 2008, 23:34

Hi suanj. The first Boccaloni, Giancarlo, is my youngest brother. He is 32 and is a wine exporter and distributor.
The other I do not know..I will contact him.
In addition to Giancarlo, I have another full brother Miguel Angel. There are two half brothers: Hector Alejandro, who lives in Buenos Aires. He is from my dad's first marriage.
The other is Leonardo Boccaloni, and he is 10, and lives with my dad and his current wife.
I will post more when I find outmore. Thanks for all. V

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 20 Jan 2008, 01:31

Genealogy questions may be answered by sending an e-mail preferably in Spanish to eyarza@movinet.com.uy. I took a look at the telephone directory for Rocha and there are 5 Bocallini (most mispelled since the double L in spanish does not exist or is remote and only cc and rr are familiar to Hispanics. The telephone exchange 47 relates. Go to www.antel.com.uy for their addresses and telephone numbers in the event you wish to contact any of them. =Peter=

Return to “Italian Genealogy”