Di Battista/ Di Matteo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
darcy5

Di Battista/ Di Matteo

Postby darcy5 » 27 Aug 2006, 07:12

Anyone have a link between a Di Battista and Di Matteo who came to Toronto to go to a boarding house on Dufferin Street

mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Di Battista/ Di Matteo

Postby mfjp » 27 Aug 2006, 10:25

How far back are we going??

What exactly do you mean by link? Is this a married couple... related people...

Ancestry. com does have a Canadian feature... only I haven't used it...

If you can explain in better detail, maybe we can look something up for you...

Nuccia (forum moderator) and I will be attending the archives of Ontario in September.. this will be our first visit there for both... not exactly sure what is available to us..

Look forward to hearing from you...

Maria

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Postby nuccia » 27 Aug 2006, 10:51

darcy5..

Are these the same persons that we found earlier in the week? Are you working with this poster?

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =5289.html

As Maria asked..what do you mean by link? If you could be a bit more specific I'm sure we could try to help you!

nuccia :D

darcy5

Postby darcy5 » 02 Sep 2006, 07:39

sorry for not being very descriptive.

New at this, what I was curious about was that I saw that in 1912 a relative, Carmine DiBattista left Naples to come to Dufferin Street in Toronto. On that same ship there was also two other individuals and they were going to the same place, which I believe was a boarding house on Dufferin Street. They were all naming the same surname DiMatteo as their contact person in Toronto and I was wondering if there was something there or just a coincidence.

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Postby nuccia » 02 Sep 2006, 08:12

Are you also in Canada? I can't answer if there is a direct link between the two travellers but something must tie in....

This is where research comes in. Although they were both going to Dufferin St I believe they used different addresses...most probable boarding houses. Have you done the family tree for your person of interest? Maybe you will find they were cousins or in laws or godparents..anything is possible. I won't lie to you..it took me quite a while to link all my family and how the passengers that travelled together to the US were connected but it can be done..time, patience and persisitence.

Let us know how we can help.

nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

Return to “Italian Genealogy”