pacelli from dragoni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Re: pacelli from dragoni

Post by dragoni »

nuccia:

thank you for the link to the census. as it shows the children being born in italy i can check the homwtown records to verify if this is the same gizzi relatives. a vicenzo giacchino gizzi came over one other time after 1900, whether he is the same guy i am still not sure. my ggf claims to have come over the first time in 1888 ellis (or 1886 in census). also another possible link between vincenzo gizzi and antonio pacelli.

i did see the link to carmina but have not been able to verify whether she is directly related to my gizzi side. they are both from the same comune, have the same last name so it is entirely possible. i have not located any information on her in the gioia sannitica records from 1866 to 1913 however.

it might also make some sense how my ggf, born and raised in one small comune, married a gal from another up the road a piece. augiola maria pacelli shows up in ellis island but going to see her brother alfonso, not antonio. vincenzo saya he is going to see his brother inlaw antonio. might again be just some transcription error. one small inconsistency is that during this period the census and other information shows antonio to be in new castle pa, not ny. a brother and sister marrying another brother and sister. these are small towns so it does make some sense. i checked to see where williamstown is located which is in "upstate" ny which is closer to new england than western pa where the others remained. lots of possibilities.

thanks for the help, certianly couldn't have gotten this far w/o this assistance. i'm not sure what might be a next step for mr. gizzi but another trip to the lds record room may help. can the census records be searched by state and name? or do you have to have a locality?