Searching for information on my great-grandfather

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Searching for information on my great-grandfather

Postby romy » 19 Sep 2006, 08:28

I would appreciate any information on how to obtain birth and death records for my great-grandfather. He was born in Ponte Santa Lucia - Pale (Foligno) around 1850-1865. He died before 1912 when my great-grandmother came to the United States with my Grandparents and their children that were born in Italy.

I hope to someday visit the area where they originated and perhaps find my great-grandfather's final resting place.

Thank you,

Re: Searching for information on my great-grandfather

Postby jcsm400 » 19 Sep 2006, 08:55

Hi Romy & welcome to the forum.

Ponte Santa Lucia is a hamlet of the town of Foligno. The LDS Church (Mormans) has filmed the civil records (birth, marriage, & death acts) for this town.

Here are the available films. They cover the years 1868-1978. ... o+civile++

These films can be ordered/rented at your nearest LDS-Family History Center.

Link to locate your FHC. ... et_fhc.asp

A guide on obtaining these films. ... =2581.html

And a handy Italian-English genealogical word list. ... Italia.ASP

For records prior to 1868, contact the city hall of Foligno, address & email provided at this site.

Requests should be in Italian. When writing include a self addressed return envelope, a copy of your photo ID, & an international reply coupon (obtain from your post office)

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, please let us know.

Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”