Surname: Alasia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
KathyR

Surname: Alasia

Postby KathyR » 03 Nov 2006, 22:31

Looking for info on my grandfather Vittorio Alasia a pastry chef born in Turin approx 1885. He was said to have been the second son of Antonio Alasia of Turin who was said to have been a government employee. Vittorio left the UK approx 1920. Would like to find where he was born and if possible where he died.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Surname: Alasia

Postby wldspirit » 03 Nov 2006, 23:26

Have you tried to send for birth records?
wldspirit

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 03 Nov 2006, 23:34

Possible record of marriage:

Surname Given Name District Volume Page Transcriber

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Sep 1914
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alasia Vittorio Elham 2a 2520

wldspirit

KathyR

Postby KathyR » 04 Nov 2006, 20:57

No haven't tried to send for birth records. How do I do this please?

The record of marriage is correct, it is the only information that we have about him. My father was born in June 1915 is now 91 and still alive. He knows nothing about his father and says that he left the UK when he about 4 or 5. We did find an Alfred V Alasia who lives in Florida but he refused to give us any info on his line.

I would be grateful for any help.

Kathy

daynes

Postby daynes » 04 Apr 2009, 08:54

I have some information on Vittorio Alasia after he left the UK. I believe given the information you have entered that your grandfather is my great grandfather.

Yhtak

Postby Yhtak » 27 Oct 2009, 20:40

Have found more information for Vittorio since last post and have found a passenger list showing that he left Liverpool for India in 1947 together with a Laura, Angela and Barbara Alasia. My father, his son, Anthony Victor Alasia died 31st July 2009 aged 94. My brother and I would very much like more information on the life of our grandfather. Please contact with any info on Vittorio

daynes

Postby daynes » 31 Oct 2009, 19:54

Hi, Barbara alasia was my grandmother. Unfortunately she passed many years ago, but had always intended to find her older brother. I came across your post by chance. I know Vittorio died in 1949, I have more info and some pictures of that part of my family. I'm not sure how much if anything you know about your fathers fathers side of the family?

Yhtak

Postby Yhtak » 01 Nov 2009, 20:32

We have always wondered about my fathers father and would love to know more about him and to see photos would be absolutely amazing. There are so many questions, what happened to Angela, when did he marry Laura, where did he die? All we ever knew was that he worked in a cafe in Folkestone, Kent where he was a pastry chef. My e-mail is k.alasia@tiscali.co.uk please tell me more.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”