surnames:Agria, Aiena, Ajena, Pavone - Molo, Palermo, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PaulaMT
Rookie
Rookie

surnames:Agria, Aiena, Ajena, Pavone - Molo, Palermo, Sicily

Postby PaulaMT » 07 Nov 2006, 18:43

What office or church can I write to in Molo regarding the surnames:
Agria, Aiena (Ajena), Pavone

As far as I'm told Agria is a made up name, because the Agria tree is Waldensian.
I do believe that Aiena (not Ajena) is the correct spelling for this side of the tree and that they were Catholic.

I am stuck on the Agria Tree at: Giovanni Matteo Agria appox. DOB 1835.

And at the Aiena tree at: Salvatore 1802. His Domenico died at see and his family was adopted by his daughter inlaws brother: CarmeloPavone's in 1883 or 1884. I believe, this was due to the conflict in religion?

Also have an address that dates back to 1973 for my Great Great Uncle Salvaore Aiena. Can anyone tell me if this is a complete address?

Via tramontama 14.18
90144 Palermo, Sicily

1vinnie
Rookie
Rookie

Re: surnames:Agria, Aiena, Ajena, Pavone - Molo, Palermo, Si

Postby 1vinnie » 17 Apr 2010, 03:15

I sent you a private message about your post. Please respond

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 17 Apr 2010, 03:22

Yes Via Tramontana 14 in Palermo 90144, Sicilia is identified. As for tracing the names which I assumed are family members and you are seeking something about them, may I suggest that you familiarize yourself with Italian genealogy research so that questions you ask will be understood more clearly.
www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/fr ... earch.html

Should you wish to locate anyone in(molo does not exist neither as a town nor a neighborhood) with those names go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the name in the first line and the correct town in the second line and click CERCA. If you find a name and wish to send a potential relative letter to them go to www.initaly.com/gene/mem/letter1.htm =Peter=
~Peter~

1vinnie
Rookie
Rookie

Postby 1vinnie » 21 Apr 2010, 18:29

Does any one know or have infoon the user PaulaMT? We share the same greatgreatgreat grandmother and am really wanting to email her fore more info.

Also if there is any one who wantsto chat about Palermo Pavone's let me know.

nazca
Elite
Elite

Postby nazca » 24 Apr 2010, 10:08

Hi Paula,
Palermo was divided in "mandamenti" like neighborhood or district. One of this was "mandamento Molo". I think is similar how new york city is divided : queens, harlem, manhattan...
Via tramontana is a little street near my son's school. I'll check the address for the possible exact number.
I found surname Ajena, Aiena and Arena near Via tramontana. It.s possible the address is "via Tramontana 14/B"?

regards.
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).

Return to “Italian Genealogy”