Vitangelo Caruolo and Maria G Passarelli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mydream

Vitangelo Caruolo and Maria G Passarelli

Postby mydream » 18 Nov 2006, 23:55

I am trying to figure out the connection in Italy for this couple. I cannot find anything on their parents etc. The 1920 census has the name listed incorrectly; however, I have researched all of the children and the parents name matches Vitangelo and Maria. Per census Vitangelo arrived in 1887 and Maria in 1884. From what I can tell Vitangelo passed away in 1926 and Maria lived with 3 of her sons in 1930. Thanks for any assistance.

Rhode Island Marriages, 1636-1930
about Vitangelo Caruolo
Spouse 1: Maria G. Passarelli
Spouse 2: Vitangelo Caruolo
Marriage Date: 17 Nov 1890

Vetangelo Caruolo
[Vetonegelo Caruolo]
Home in 1920: Providence Ward 3, Providence, Rhode Island
Estimated birth year: abt 1862
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's name: Josephina
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Rhode Island
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Male
Home owned: Own
Year of Immigration: 1887
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Image: 869
Josephina Caruolo
Home in 1920: Providence Ward 3, Providence, Rhode Island
Estimated birth year: abt 1873
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Wife
Spouse's name: Vetangelo
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Female
Year of Immigration: 1884
Able to read: No
Able to Write: No
Image: 869

Graffeo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Vitangelo Caruolo and Maria G Passarelli

Postby Graffeo » 19 Nov 2006, 00:16

I searched for passenger records at Ancestry.com using V. Caruolo, arrival dates between 1866 and 1888 and came up blank. Are you sure the first name Vitangelo is correct? It's kind of unusual.

Graffeo
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Graffeo » 19 Nov 2006, 00:40

Well this is not such and easy name. I can't find anything in Ancestry passenger records for Maria Passarelli coming in in 1884 either. I did go to the Family Seach.org website and found that there are 82 Carulolos listed and the vast majority are from Capriati A Volturno, Caserta, Italy. There are a few more from other communes but it seems the province for most of them is Caserta.

To see for yourself go to this link, register and type in the last name in the search box. It's free and easy to register.

http://www.familysearch.org

Graffeo
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Graffeo » 19 Nov 2006, 00:56

At familysearch.org I am seeing a lot of Passarellis listed as being from Cozena too. Also not a small number in Brazil. Sorry I could not help more. Others here are more experienced at searching than I am so keep checking back.

Good luck.

mydream

Postby mydream » 19 Nov 2006, 06:04

Thank you once again for the assistance. Yes, I am pretty certain that is the correct spelling of the name. I got the arrival dates from the image of the 1920 census and it is easy enough to read. I have also found the death info for Vitangleo in 1926 that matched all my other clues. Maria confusses me because she is listed in a ton of places as Maria. Mainly death notices of 7 children that she lost and marriage notice. However, the 1920 census had her listed as Josephine. Then in 1930 once Vitangelo had passed I found her as the head of the household with 3 of her adult sons living with her. Another was married and living next door to her. Thanks for the info on the location of the name. I have searched familly search but did not find that info. I know from a link that someone sent last night the main location of Caruolo's in Italy but there were a TON of Passerilli's. The 1920 census also hace Vitangelo's name spelled wrong on the listing; however, if you actually look at the document it looks like it is spelled has I have spelled above. THANKS for all the help.

Graffeo
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Graffeo » 21 Nov 2006, 04:44

One thing you could try is if she applied for a Social Security Number, that is, if she worked any time after 1935 the application should show her parents name and her place of birth. The application form is called an SS-5. The form consisted of:

The applicants full name
The applicants address
The applicants age and birthday
Their place of employment
Their place of birth
The names of his/her parents including his mothers maiden name
Their sex
Their race
The date of application
Their signature

Address to request ss application.

Social Security Administration
OEO FOIA Workgroup
300 N. Green Street
P.O. Box 33022
Baltimore, Maryland 21290-3022

Pricing: $27.00 with SS number & $29.00 without.

Go to the SS Admin web site for futher info and a copy of the request form.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”